Men and memory loss

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, no offense to the guys on TCS but doesn't seem like most men have short term memory loss? My DH can't even remember stuff that happend like yesterday! Also, my dad never remembers anything that my mom or I tell him. I hate repeating myself with these guys.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
depends on when you talk to us, and how much you talk really.
One old gf i had would just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk, i go in to the classic, huh yes dear, ok, whatever you want dear, and i did not hear a thing she said.

when it comes to men, just the facts. and nothing but the facts, those we will tend to remember. also know that most men will try to fix whatever is broke, no matter what it is, that just the way it is.. We sometimes have a hard time, with the feeling thing.

And if your dad is older, like mine is, he seems to forget what you tell then next day.

sorry, see even in my post i was trying to help fix it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

depends on when you talk to us, and how much you talk really.
One old gf i had would just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk, i go in to the classic, huh yes dear, ok, whatever you want dear, and i did not hear a thing she said.

when it comes to men, just the facts. and nothing but the facts, those we will tend to remember. also know that most men will try to fix whatever is broke, no matter what it is, that just the way it is.. We sometimes have a hard time, with the feeling thing.

And if your dad is older, like mine is, he seems to forget what you tell then next day.

sorry, see even in my post i was trying to help fix it
I know most men don't hear half the stuff us women say but it just gets exausting having to repeat ourselves over and over. As for my dad, half the time he forgets stuff my moms says earlier the same day.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
with me, its not that he doesn't remember just what i say, its that he is really good at seeming awake when he is asleep, or very near that. we carry on conversations when he is asleep. by now i should recognize the signs but there aren't that many. well, it is more like he answers clearly and coherently. and correctly. after work he kinda goes around in a daze an he doesn't remember much the next day. it is really annoying. and i mean really annoying. he can be awake and he won't even remember us *ahem* "playing around" sometimes. i know, cause i have started asking to make sure. like i said, REALLY annoying.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forget everything too. My boyfriends tend to enjoy that I can't remember anything because I forget if I'm mad at them and they can tell me the same story three times.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe it is more like selective memory! Some choose to remember things that benefit themselves primarily, some........................hmmmmmmm, I guess thats it!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno my boyfriend seems to have a hard time remembering anything I say. He's asked me 3 times today if I work tomorrow, and everytime I say the same thing... *sigh* Oh well...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I can get my DH to listen, and pay attention, then he remembers what I say pretty well. But as was said, there is a selective memory at work.

I'm actually the one with bad memory problems, I'll completely forget that I did something or should have done something... for example, I have a cake I need to go bake.

(guess this thread was useful, it reminded me of that)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has selective hearing. If I need to say anything important to him I start the sentence with something he likes. I start sentences with the word Transformers and then he listens.

He does forget a lot though. His dad is the same way. Somedays he comes up to me and asks me what time my boyfriend works until (after asking him that morning) and then he asks about 3 or 4 more times during the day. Then when my boyfriend gets home he is like what time did you work until today?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

My boyfriend has selective hearing. :
I have that too, my husband sometimes get frustrated. I am female btw

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has a terrible memory. And it isn't even the suff I tell him it's everything. So I know it is not me from over talking.