Playing fetch with your cat

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat that plays fetch?

Sophie has a little furry ball of catnip and brings it over to me to throw, fetches it, then runs back to me and gives it back to me.

It's so cute.

I keep thinking he's a little genius but I had a feeling other kitties on here play fetch too!!!

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I play fetch with Kitty all the time. The cutest part is I can always tell when she wants to play because as she runs toward me with her toy in her mouth, all I can hear are these loud muffled meows.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost every morning Linus and I play fetch for 10 or 15 minutes before I get up. He will bring me one of his crinkle balls and drop it on the bed beside me and I will throw it out in the living room for him to chase.

Some mornings when I am still half asleep and don't want to play I will just lay there pretending to be asleep. When I do this he thinks it's not because I don't want to play but because I don't like the ball he brought. His solution he goes and gets another one. Some mornings by the time he's done I will have 10 of them in bed with me...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Almost every morning Linus and I play fetch for 10 or 15 minutes before I get up. He will bring me one of his crinkle balls and drop it on the bed beside me and I will throw it out in the living room for him to chase.

Some mornings when I am still half asleep and don't want to play I will just lay there pretending to be asleep. When I do this he thinks it's not because I don't want to play but because I don't like the ball he brought. His solution he goes and gets another one. Some mornings by the time he's done I will have 10 of them in bed with me...
That is adorable!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eazy plays fetch all the time, Heyu i taught her to do it, but she does not seem to have fun with it.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play fetch with Chevy all the time. All I have to do is sit at one end of the hall and he brings it back. He was never taught, so he's a natural genius!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey used to play fetch with the tops of two liter bottles. It was great, But he stopped randomly...