TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › What is this world coming to?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is this world coming to?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I don't know about everyone else, but I am really getting so
tired of people whom do not take care of their animals! OMG!
OK, I was walking the other night, my son and I walk downtown,
of course one night he spotted 2 cats, that weren't but 3 mos. old,
so skinny, and wild. They ran from us, but we went to the store, bought
food, water, and some bowls, went back and left them food to eat!
Now I've been feeding them for around two weeks.
The other night after I had left the food, we were driving back through
town, and my son spots 5 dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! All laying together in a parking lot!
All pretty grown, but starving, well you know me, I stopped and got out to leave them some food! They ran off also! Mine you, I was saying a few choice words, and I
couldn't believe that whoever just dumped them downtown, to fin for themselves! What the ____ are people thinking!????????????? Have people
not heard of spay or neuter???????????????? I'm am totally outraged, of course I think it is worse here in the south, ignorance runs rapid! Hello, if you
can't have an animal spay/neutered, you should never get the animal in the first place! Then these people acquired 5 dogs, didn't feed them, then decided they couldn't afford them so they just dumped them off somewhere!
How in the world can these people just drive away and never think of the
animal again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I seem to be wherever a starving animal is, I know this is my calling. but my heart just can't take it! I want to take them all and can't!
So I just feed them! Sometimes I wonder if I'm just prolonging a miserable existance? If I don't feed them, I will worry everyday and night about them, especially now it is so hot! Most all run from me! If they didn't well I would
load them up and take them home! Sorry everyone I just had to vent!
I want to do something for this rural area, I honestly believe a mobile clinic,
is a start, discounts on surgery and shots or free ~ I really looked into this, and
I really get lost in it all! It is overwhelming, I need help and don't know where to turn for the right person, place or whatever else this all entales!
I grow more and more aware of so many starving animals!
I can't tell you how many horses, I've gotten help for! and some I can't,
which I think of them constantly! Anyway, I have got to go now
post #2 of 11
Oh, I know where you're coming from! There was a dog running around my town for 6+ months. The cops wanted to drive her outta town to shoot her! Actually didn't know she was a she until she had 10 puppies! She was finally caught by putting tranqs in food. She & her pups went to the HS....all puppies were placed & she ended up euthanized. She killed any small animals(she had to feed herself for 6+ months), was dog aggressive, & had no training.

Some bone head obviously just dumped her in town!!
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
well listen to this, there was a dog at our wal-mart, for 2 to 3 yrs. she lived in the woods beside it. she was wild, and after the 2st yr that she somehow
made it through, i decided i was going to start feeding the poor thing.
i even had my sister go feed her when i went out of town. everynight , rain or
shine, i would take time to go to the parking lot on this concrete median is where i would place her food. everything was fine i thought, she was old and she wouldn't or couldn't eat dry food, so i started buying her ol' roy moist and soft, she loved it! well i didn't realize this until way into the recall food thing, but she wasn't eating her food anymore..... the cops that worked up there at night told me that they haven't seen her! Well...........guess what i'm about to tell ya.............I THINK I KILLED HER, WITH THAT D--- FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless her heart i know she is probably better off, and i don't know that for sure, but i think i did!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that!!!!!!!!!!
it's not funny, but that is just parr for the course, if you know what i mean!
The do-gooder gets done! Sometimes i think maybe i should leave well enough alone!
post #4 of 11
It seems like caring compassionate people are the minority now-a-days. It's really sad. I guess it's becuase it's so much easier to be self centered and only worry about yourself.
post #5 of 11
I know where your coming from!!

Where I live, it is common for people to go dump their pets when they get tired of them!! Makes me sooo mad, and sick!!

I wish there were more caring, compassionate people out there~but theres just not.
post #6 of 11
There is an indian reserve by my house, that is not regulated by the OPP at all. They're actually not even allowed on the reserve. So of course, no animal control or enforcement either. The island is bursting with wild packs of starving dogs. You can go out there anytime day or night, and see puppies and kittens ALL OVER the place. I was at the dump one time and there was several 3 month old and younger pups there who had been starved, strangled, shot or worse.

That's bad enough, but the dogs that do manage to survive are full of heartworm, mange, intestinal worms, fleas, ticks, dog lice, etc. Disease runs rampant and parvo is very prevalent out there. If they don't want a dog, they shoot it, don't want a kitten, feed it to the dog. Dog fighting is big out there as well.

I was a dog groomer at a shop just outside the reserve, and we used to have people bring in tons of starved, sick puppies, usually pitX's, that they found in ditches, in boxes or bags in the middle of the road, shot in the head and still alive, etc. It was horrific.

I don't go there any longer. I would come home with too many pets. My brother almost ran over a 5 week old lab pup when he was delivering pizza out there. I gave him hell for not bringing it to me. Someone has to love it.
post #7 of 11
Bless you all for trying to help.

This is so sad my heart is breaking I don't live in a glass house so I know what is happening out there but I just can't understand why for every person who hurts a animal should be shot also the laws need to be changed they aren't strict enough If I could change the law it would be ......
A I FOR A I..... or...... A EYE FOR A EYE .......Need I say more
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
I know where your coming from!!

Where I live, it is common for people to go dump their pets when they get tired of them!! Makes me sooo mad, and sick!!

I wish there were more caring, compassionate people out there~but theres just not.
I can't help it, I just have to tell you, your little darling allie looks just like
my precious baby "Scream" we lost her one night, in 06' she went out and never came home! I can't even begin to tell you how bad it was for me, I don't think I'll ever get over her! But allie looks identicial! Some jerk, did me a favor though and dumped GiGi out a few months after Scream went MIA.
She is so special, she is it!

Monique
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
There is an indian reserve by my house, that is not regulated by the OPP at all. They're actually not even allowed on the reserve. So of course, no animal control or enforcement either. The island is bursting with wild packs of starving dogs. You can go out there anytime day or night, and see puppies and kittens ALL OVER the place. I was at the dump one time and there was several 3 month old and younger pups there who had been starved, strangled, shot or worse.

That's bad enough, but the dogs that do manage to survive are full of heartworm, mange, intestinal worms, fleas, ticks, dog lice, etc. Disease runs rampant and parvo is very prevalent out there. If they don't want a dog, they shoot it, don't want a kitten, feed it to the dog. Dog fighting is big out there as well.

I was a dog groomer at a shop just outside the reserve, and we used to have people bring in tons of starved, sick puppies, usually pitX's, that they found in ditches, in boxes or bags in the middle of the road, shot in the head and still alive, etc. It was horrific.

I don't go there any longer. I would come home with too many pets. My brother almost ran over a 5 week old lab pup when he was delivering pizza out there. I gave him hell for not bringing it to me. Someone has to love it.
that is what my son said whenever he saw spook at the carwash the 2nd night we fed him, he said, "mom we are the only ones in the world that will ever love him" so in the truck he went with us home! I love your definitions
of each cat you have. too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 11
carwashcats, I think what you are trying to do is amazing !

I do have a stupid question. I am a huge fan of Animal Planet & Animal Precinct & Animal Cops. I know on of them is in Texas. Have you ever Called the ASPCA about these abandened animals. Do they ever come for them, or do they only come for what would make good TV viewing ?
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaD View Post
carwashcats, I think what you are trying to do is amazing !

I do have a stupid question. I am a huge fan of Animal Planet & Animal Precinct & Animal Cops. I know on of them is in Texas. Have you ever Called the ASPCA about these abandened animals. Do they ever come for them, or do they only come for what would make good TV viewing ?
Nothing is stupid, and if anything you have rasied my curiousity concerning
this matter! Thanks for that!!!! I have never called the ASPCA and maybe I should, I have emailed them several times. I never thought to ask them
if they would come here. I have asked at one point for help, like maybe going to the school here and if they could provide the pamplets having some kind
of education about animal cruetly. I never heard back from them!
I would love to be a representative for them in my area! We need them
terribly!Where I live., there are so many TV worthy stories. I call myself the animal cop! I don't really even know if i could really be one, I would get
to personal,and then I wouldn't be the cop anymore! ha ha
Do you have any suggestions you would like to share ? I know sometimes
when I have watched it, I noticed they go all over the country. Dana`thanks
for replying, open to any imput..... Monique
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats and Other Animals
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › What is this world coming to?