Q-tips?

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is it with cats and Q-tips? every cat i have seen with a q-tip freaks out over the thing. used(ew) or not. they loves the stupid things. George adores them. he chews on the whole thing. but mostly the ends. i'm surprised he hasn't gagged himself yet. and i am always picking them up and putting them back in the garbage where George got them out of. what about your cats? or what other household item like that do they freak out over?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We had to get small trash cans with lids for the bathrooms because Lucy would fish q-tips out within minutes of them being thrown away. And she would be sound asleep in another room when they were disposed of.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby loves Q-Tips! She only eats the cotton end not the stick and she doesn't chew on the stick either, so I just let her have them as she finds them. Usually she finds a 1 or 2 per week.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Lily is good....she knows when you use one & will snatch it as you throw it into the garbage can!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Siam loves q-tips, used or new. He'll fish them out of the garbage. One time I heard a couple thumps in the bathroom and when I went to investigate, I found Siam on the counter, and q-tips in the sink, on the counter, on the floor, in the bathtub. It was a new box that had just been opened that morning. And he looked at me with those big blue eyes as if to say "What?" It's hard to be mad at something that cute, but what a mess!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my Q-tips in a drawer I have in my bathroom vanity. Both my cats know that's where they are and if they hear that drawer open they come running. Sassy just throws them around, but Linus likes to chew them up.
This makes it quite interesting when I am trying to clean their ears.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the chuckles! This post brought back some memories of how Tucker used to go after the Q-Tips that my ex would use & throw away. He would fish them out of the trash can & I would find it somewhere nearby, everyday. His nickname was Q-Tip for awhile..
We don't use them much now but I know Tucker likes the funky smell of earwax...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKitty

What is it with cats and Q-tips? every cat i have seen with a q-tip freaks out over the thing. used(ew) or not. they love the stupid things. i am always picking them up and putting them back in the garbage where George got them out of. what about your cats? or what other household item like that do they freak out over?
Straws. The drinking kind. My Maryam LOVES 'em and if I have one in a glass, in the dish drainer in the sink, or lying on the countertop, it's GONE IN 60 SECONDS -- well, usually less. And my beloved King Sunn-A-Cat used to filch not only straws, but pens. To find these objects, all I have to do is get a stick and dig under the fridge, stove, washer and dryer.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back when I lived at home, my former kitty (she was too attached to my mom to take her with me when i moved) Abilene was q-tip freak!!!!

One day, we had a mysterious clog in the bathroom sink. We didn't know why we had one but i soon found out later that afternoon when i was taking a bath. I was sitting in the tub reading a magazine and enjoying my bath when I noticed Abilene was on the bathroom counter. What i witnessed next shocked me! I saw Abilene daintly take the q-tips out of the open holder and she would play with it for a few moments then....to end her little "soccer q-tip game" she'd bat it down the sink drain
She did this repeadedly!
Once I told my mom i figured out what was causing the clogged sink....err...whom was causing it
We tried to unclog the sink. I lost count of how many darn q-tips we pulled out of there
Little rascal!

(please note we bought a new q-tip container after that which is Abilene proof
)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Back when I lived at home, my former kitty (she was too attached to my mom to take her with me when i moved) Abilene was q-tip freak!!!!

One day, we had a mysterious clog in the bathroom sink. We didn't know why we had one but i soon found out later that afternoon when i was taking a bath. I was sitting in the tub reading a magazine and enjoying my bath when I noticed Abilene was on the bathroom counter. What i witnessed next shocked me! I saw Abilene daintly take the q-tips out of the open holder and she would play with it for a few moments then....to end her little "soccer q-tip game" she'd bat it down the sink drain
She did this repeadedly!
Once I told my mom i figured out what was causing the clogged sink....err...whom was causing it
We tried to unclog the sink. I lost count of how many darn q-tips we pulled out of there
Little rascal!

(please note we bought a new q-tip container after that which is Abilene proof
)
I think Abilene and the plumber have a clique going

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Popsie has never shown interest in Q tips. He only has interset in something if it's in my hand. Like, pens or pencils, the phone. Basically anything I have and he doesn't.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats LOVE them! They are constantly tipping over the bathroom trashcan to get them (why I don't just close that bathroom door I don't know...that would make too much sense!)

Maybe earwax tastes like tuna??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

I think Abilene and the plumber have a clique going
perhaps so!
there sure were quite a few q-tips down that sink too by the time we pulled them all out! i can't believe she did that

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know why cats love q-tips. It's because cats are weird!
Squee loves them as well but she doesn't really chew on them. She likes to bat them around and toss them in the air.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have to say that is one thing my cats have never really gotten into!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'd have to say that is one thing my cats have never really gotten into!
well, then you are
A) lucky cause you don't have to pick up the messes and
B) missing out cause they look so cute when they play with them. it doesn't matter what age they are.