Vibes for Sylvester (neighbor's abandoned cat)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, guys, you know how big I am on asking for vibes, so please bear with me on another request.

Not sure how many of you have seen my thread in Cat SOS about my neighbor's cats, but I'm taking the male, Sylvester, a big handsome tuxedo boy to the vet this afternoon. If all goes well, a wonderful no kill rescue is taking him and his sister Come Here, tomorrow.

Both cats seem healthy, but I'm concerned about the possibility that Sly may test positive for FIV. He's been primarily an outdoor cat most of his life and was only neutered a few months back, so he's been in a few fights along the way. He still has a few battle scars, the poor sweet boy.

If he does have FIV, the rescue won't take him and I'll have look into other options. Obviously, I'll be sure Sly's taken care of and find another place for him, but I'm dealing with a lot right now, so it will definitely make things easier for me, and be better for Sly, if he can go the rescue tomorrow.

Please send vibes that he tests negative this afternoon. Thanks guys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

ANy chance Sam's foster meowmy would take him if he's FIV+?
I'll definitely foster Sly if he's FIV+ for as long as it takes to find him a home, but I can't keep him. The FIV isn't an issue for me at all. It's having another permanent cat. Can't do it as much as I'd be tempted.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Hey, guys, you know how big I am on asking for vibes, so please bear with me on another request.

Not sure how many of you have seen my thread in Cat SOS about my neighbor's cats, but I'm taking the male, Sylvester, a big handsome tuxedo boy to the vet this afternoon. If all goes well, a wonderful no kill rescue is taking him and his sister Come Here, tomorrow.

Both cats seem healthy, but I'm concerned about the possibility that Sly may test positive for FIV. He's been primarily an outdoor cat most of his life and was only neutered a few months back, so he's been in a few fights along the way. He still has a few battle scars, the poor sweet boy.

If he does have FIV, the rescue won't take him and I'll have look into other options. Obviously, I'll be sure Sly's taken care of and find another place for him, but I'm dealing with a lot right now, so it will definitely make things easier for me, and be better for Sly, if he can go the rescue tomorrow.

Please send vibes that he tests negative this afternoon. Thanks guys!
Absolutely Sylvester is in my prayers -- hoping that his health is 100% wonderful and that the rescue is, as well -- he sounds like a very sweet and handsome catguy. Those prayers and good vibes go out for Come Here, too, of course!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes, guys!

Just got back from the vet with Sly. He tested negative!!!

Aside from an abscess on his right front paw, which was drained and cleaned, and should heal just fine with some antibiotics, Sly's just fine. What a relief. He was such a good boy at the vet, very patient and sweet.

So, he'll be off to the rescue tomorrow and, hopefully, a new home soon. Now I have to get a hold of Come Here. Honestly, I'm worried that she hasn't made an appearance in a few days. Please send some vibes for her safety. I have an appointment for her in the morning, but can rechedule if need be. I just hope she's okay.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Thanks for the vibes, guys!

Just got back from the vet with Sly. He tested negative!!!

Aside from an abscess on his right front paw, which was drained and cleaned, and should heal just fine with some antibiotics, Sly's just fine. What a relief. He was such a good boy at the vet, very patient and sweet.

So, he'll be off to the rescue tomorrow and, hopefully, a new home soon. Now I have to get a hold of Come Here. Honestly, I'm worried that she hasn't made an appearance in a few days. Please send some vibes for her safety. I have an appointment for her in the morning, but can rechedule if need be. I just hope she's okay.
Absolutely sending prayers and good vibes for her. With a name like Come Here, I'm thinking she'll certainly show up soon!