Ladies..... Method of hair removal?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you get the hair off your legs Ladies? I shave, right now I'm using that venus breeze razor but it sucks because the shave gel on it doesn't last long. I used to nair my legs, might go back to that. Once I tried waxing. Big pain in the
, never again.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good old fashioned razor.

I used nair in my teens and the unfortunate side effect was that the hair grew back faster, thicker and darker.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just shave my legs now.

Tried nair got a chemical burn on my legs.

Tried veet got a chemical burn on my legs.

Tried waxing hurt to much.

So I just shave.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Once I tried waxing. Big pain in the
, never again.
Good call! In my experience, waxing is second only to those rip-it-out-by-the-roots devices in the amount of misery and long-term complications they cause.

A cheap little pink Daisy razor and a nice foaming shave gel are the best and simplest solution I've found.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the M3 Power Razor, with Mach 3 Turbo razor blades (for men) and shave gel... Waxing sounds like a nice thought (I could do it myself since I was trained in it) but i dont like letting my hair grow to the suggested length to get a wax (ewww)... As for my arms I use Nair (making sure to do patch tests and not leave it on too long... considering it has the same ingredients used in perming). I dont like hair on my arms (call me strange)!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most times I shave with razor. Once in awhile use Nair. Tried the wax strips - NO WAY would I ever do that again!

I'm lucky in that my hair is very fine and almost invisible (blonde) on my legs. Can get away with not shaving for months. Only really shows when in sunlight (or by feel). Usually shave about once a month during the summer. DH doesn't even notice

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm in the minority because I love waxing. It's easy and it lasts so long. The only problem with it is my legs don't feel smooth since it leaves the tiny hairs. So I shave sometimes for smoothness but I'm not very hairy anyway.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do a combo...cause it depends on wear you're getting rid of the hair

I use the plain old Quattro razor for my legs and underarms. Then for the vaginal area I use Sally Hansen's Spray on, shower off Hair Remover.
With this you don't worry about the pain of waxing or smelling like you just had your hair permed. It rocks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Paulena

I use the Schick Intuition and I love it!!
Yeah, I've used that but it's so huge and bulky. I always end up cutting myself with it.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also use a Venus Razor. I use it in the shower and while I'm taking a bath everyday. I wax my eyebrows though!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go between an intuition and a venus vibrance. Both work great! I also use the sally's spray on shower off stuff, it works pretty well.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to shave, but shaving cuts the hair so that it loses it's nice fine tapered end. So when it grows out, because it's cut at a thick part of the hair, the hair looks darker and is rough.

Back in 1996 I saw on our Shopping Channel here something called "Alexandria Body Sugaring". I ordered it and have been hooked on it ever since. You can now buy it in the drug stores, at least here you can.

http://alexandriabodysugaring.net/

It really doesn't hurt! No different than tearing off a bandaid really quickly.

I use it wherever I have hair that I want to get rid of including underarms. The only thing it doesn't really work well on is coarse facial hair. It will remove the fine ones, but the really thick kind it doesn't do well with. For those types I use a home waxing kit.

What I love about body sugaring is that if you apply it in the wrong spot IE: your whole eye brow by mistake, you can just wash it off and reapply it. Plus it is warm not scalding when applied. And if you get it on your furniture or carpet all you need to do is wipe it off with a warm wet cloth. The results are weeks of hair free-ness, and when the hair does grow back again it isn't as noticable because it's growing out with the fine tapered end instead of a blunt cut at the thick part of the hair shaft.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use DH's Gillette razor with either hair conditioner or moisturizing body wash that foams well. I'm currently saving up for permanent hair removal.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheap disposable razors, from the 99-cent store. Someone suggested using hair conditioner, instead of soap or shave gel and I've found that works well.

For my face, I've been using a Tweezee, for a couple of weeks and it's great.

Nair gave me a chemical burn, too.