Any big readers out there?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thought i would share this website for any readers we have its a great way to make room on your bookshelves and get more books you might want.

www.paperbackswap.com

I am scamperfarms over there too
if you wanna add me as a buddy. I have..gotten so many great new books and its free..WAHOO

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that kinda, cool.. errr, but they are my books, i kinda have this thing about not letting books go

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to too but..with this you can swap and get new ones.. i have some i wont let go though, lol

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i kinda have this thing about not letting books go
I used to as well until I had to move a few times in a couple of years and got tired of packing, moving and unpacking books that only sat there on a shelf gathering dust.

So I gave them all to a library. Now if I buy a book I read it and donate it to the library. Otherwise I just borrow books from the library as I want them.

I do have some books here though:

1. Some of my nursing books that I wanted to keep. Not all, but some of the more useful ones that I still refer to from time to time.

2. I also have a few of Dan Brown's novels which I enjoyed reading so I have read them again as well as several Tolkien novels which I never get tired of rereading.

3. I have several cook books which I never seem to use, but can't bring myself to part with for some reason. It's that "what if" thing when it comes to maybe needing it to look up a recipe
I have gotten rid of some but I know I can do better

4. I have some computer books for some programs that I have. I have given away many, but there are some books of interest tha I have kept for programs such as "Front Page 2000", "Dreamweaver", "Flash MX", "Web page creation", and "Java".

5. I also have a couple of course books reated to some languages that I had learned

6. And I have 1 or 2 books on house plants, not that I have any house plants anymore.

7. I have about 10 books on soap and bath product production which I used to do as a home based business. One day I'd like to get back to that so I have hung onto the books

8. And 2 or 3 books on learning crocheting and knitting.

So basically most books I have are educational and for reference. Things like fun reading/novels I tend to read and then donate to the library. I think all of my books combined could fit into a 0,9 cu microwave size box and most certainly a box for a computer CPU

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL you guys make me laugh. I really did used to be like that too but when i Hit over..5,000 books..yes you read that right. I knew it was time to start..packing.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have quite a lot of books I won't part with -- but I have a lot more that I'd love to trade in! Thanks for the link, I'll try this when I get some time to explore it!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love reading. When I'm not on TCS that's what I'm doing. There is this cool store in my town called The Book Worm and you can get used paper backs for like half the sellers price. Also, if you bring books back you will get credit and then you can get paper backs for 1 dollar. They also rent out hard back there. I
that store.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
glad someone found use for the site. I am just utterly in love with them I amI am, lol I just got 20 new books to read...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have space limitations and can't/don't buy as many books, as I'd like to. Wednesday is my day, to go to the library and stock up - I read 4-7 books per week. My friend Jen buys a lot of paperbacks and I'll pass that link on to her, though.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Katie invited me quite a while back to join paperbackswap and I didnt. I finally did join and it was fun. I then joined with their BOB - box of books and am having TOO much fun!!!!!!

Join PBS and then go into community section and join BOB - it is well worth it. You can ask for books from other people, they then choose books from your store that they want and you exchange.

fun fun fun !!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

thought i would share this website for any readers we have its a great way to make room on your bookshelves and get more books you might want.

www.paperbackswap.com

I am scamperfarms over there too
if you wanna add me as a buddy. I have..gotten so many great new books and its free..WAHOO
I used to spend about three hours a day reading. Now I spend about three hours a day on TCS. There are times you just have to set your priorities.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I donate my used books to our library after I have read them if I don't think that I will read them again. The classics I keep and the others I reevaluate from year to year.

Speaking of the "classics," while "The Pigman" by Paul Zindel is not necessarily a classic, I read that book as a teenager and I just kept it. Our daughter had to read it when she was in HS. She was the only one with a paperback that cost 60 cents.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that kinda, cool.. errr, but they are my books, i kinda have this thing about not letting books go
I am the same, I don't think I've ever gotten rid of a book, I find it difficult enough to loan them to trusted people! This is why I have a flat with one more bedroom than we actually need - it's not a guest room, it's book storage!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I cull my books I donate them to Goodwill-where I probably bought them in the first place or the AAUW for their annual booksale (where I again buy lots of books).
I swap with my sister too but we have different reading favorites though.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I am the same, I don't think I've ever gotten rid of a book, I find it difficult enough to loan them to trusted people! This is why I have a flat with one more bedroom than we actually need - it's not a guest room, it's book storage!
I used to be like that too, but I felt the need to de-clutter. I made an honest appraisal of my books, and kept only those that I truly loved and thought I might read again. Otherwise, why keep them? They're not doing anyone any good by hanging out on a bookshelf if nobody is going to read them. I decided to pass them on so others could enjoy them...plus it's a form of recycling.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I used to spend about three hours a day reading. Now I spend about three hours a day on TCS. There are times you just have to set your priorities.

Originally Posted by adymarie

I love my books and don't like to give them up!

Maybe.......
i have 8 bookshelves at the present... plus the laundry room has cabinets - those are also full of books.
maybe i have too many?
there's no such thing!
oh, & the bookshelves - several have stacks of books on top of them, as well!

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any book suggestions? Because that would be really swell.. I have to wait ten whole days for Fae Fever (by Karen Moning) to come out, and I can't wait! ;-; I need something to read!

I just finished reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Nothing like a big wake up call to appreciate what you have!