Originally Posted by theimp98
i kinda have this thing about not letting books go
I used to as well until I had to move a few times in a couple of years and got tired of packing, moving and unpacking books that only sat there on a shelf gathering dust.
So I gave them all to a library. Now if I buy a book I read it and donate it to the library. Otherwise I just borrow books from the library as I want them.
I do have some books here though:
1. Some of my nursing books that I wanted to keep. Not all, but some of the more useful ones that I still refer to from time to time.
2. I also have a few of Dan Brown's novels which I enjoyed reading so I have read them again as well as several Tolkien novels which I never get tired of rereading.
3. I have several cook books which I never seem to use, but can't bring myself to part with for some reason. It's that "what if" thing when it comes to maybe needing it to look up a recipe
I have gotten rid of some but I know I can do better
4. I have some computer books for some programs that I have. I have given away many, but there are some books of interest tha I have kept for programs such as "Front Page 2000", "Dreamweaver", "Flash MX", "Web page creation", and "Java".
5. I also have a couple of course books reated to some languages that I had learned
6. And I have 1 or 2 books on house plants, not that I have any house plants anymore.
7. I have about 10 books on soap and bath product production which I used to do as a home based business. One day I'd like to get back to that so I have hung onto the books
8. And 2 or 3 books on learning crocheting and knitting.
So basically most books I have are educational and for reference. Things like fun reading/novels I tend to read and then donate to the library. I think all of my books combined could fit into a 0,9 cu microwave size box and most certainly a box for a computer CPU