1 down and 2 to go!

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stripey the outside cat was spayed today. I'm thrilled, but then I'm not the one with an incision and anesthesia hangover.
This will be one of those 'you'll thank me later' moments, I'm sure.

Since Stripe was a feral when we moved in (she came with the house, though I failed to see mention of 'angry furry freeloader' in the property assessment
), it was 2 years in the making to be able to get her to trust me enough to cram her into a carrier and hightail it to the vet.

She's actually a pretty good kitteh with me, but much less so with anyone else (Jeremy has the scars on his foot to prove it). I was able to pick her up and get her into the carrier this morning without incidence, and she was also good for the car ride to my vet. I refused to take her out of the carrier to weigh her (I do value my skin to some degree), so they weighed her carrier and all, then subtracted the difference.

Apparently she was not a cooperative patient, but my vets are very kind, and Stripe is now in her kennel in the garage with blanket, food, water and litterbox, fine and minus one useless organ. Once she's healed up in a week or so, I'll let her out. She was also juuuuust pregnant, so the timing with perfect.*whew*

Now just her two kittens from last year, and they're all finished! Hurrah!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gomer

Stripey the outside cat was spayed today. I'm thrilled, but then I'm not the one with an incision and anesthesia hangover.
This will be one of those 'you'll thank me later' moments, I'm sure.

Since Stripe was a feral when we moved in (she came with the house, though I failed to see mention of 'angry furry freeloader' in the property assessment
), it was 2 years in the making to be able to get her to trust me enough to cram her into a carrier and hightail it to the vet.

She's actually a pretty good kitteh with me, but much less so with anyone else (Jeremy has the scars on his foot to prove it). I was able to pick her up and get her into the carrier this morning without incidence, and she was also good for the car ride to my vet. I refused to take her out of the carrier to weigh her (I do value my skin to some degree), so they weighed her carrier and all, then subtracted the difference.

Apparently she was not a cooperative patient, but my vets are very kind, and Stripe is now in her kennel in the garage with blanket, food, water and litterbox, fine and minus one useless organ. Once she's healed up in a week or so, I'll let her out. She was also juuuuust pregnant, so the timing with perfect.*whew*

Now just her two kittens from last year, and they're all finished! Hurrah!
Wow..that's FABULOUS!! But you know what they say...once the neon sign "Come here and you will receive good food and a spay, neuter" goes out...you will find others cats cannot resist the offer.

Katie