More pics of Snicker's pups!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they're 3 1/2 weeks now, and are quite a handful! They are play fighting with each other and are learning to growl and bark (god help me!). We gave them their first taste dry food (in a wet paste) tonight and they loved it! Maybe they will give Snickers some rest now. We need to put ointment on her teats because their little claws are digging her raw.

We have found homes for 5 of them, so only 1 left! We are keeping the spotted one with the blue eyes (pic included!).

They are getting so big!!!

Oh, we lost one of the chocolate ones earlier this week.
He was fine the night before, eating good and playing with the rest. But when Chip went in the next morning he was dead. We called the vet, explained how we found him (he wasn't underweight, in good health)...he said probably Snickers laid on him or something. Poor thing. We feel so bad. We didn't hear anything! Snickers does have a habit of just plopping down in the middle of them.

We're moving them down into the basement over the weekend. Pen is built and they will have room to fun while we are gone. Now, if only we can get Snickers to willingly go up and down the stairs!

But, just thought I'd share.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! They sure look Aussie to me.....those little blue speckled ones are so....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I love the spotted ones. If we didn't have Keno.....

What one is left? And I'm glad you are keeping a spotted one so we can watch how he/she grows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one left now is the female black one, and she is a sweetie so it shouldn't be hard to find a home for her, but she is a bit shy. It's so cool seeing their personalities coming out now. I know which ones are aggressive (as in starting play) I know which ones just stay on the sidelines and wait for a chance to get lovings!

The blue eyed beauty we are keeping is definitely an aggressive little pup. First to learn how to howl, how to bark, and she is the first to follow Mommy around to get more food! I think we will have our hands full, but she does know us and comes to us when we come into the room, so that is good. I could spend hours in the room with them!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question....are blue eyes common with Australian Shepards? Like I said before, we didn't get a chance to see the father up close, so we don't know what he has in him. I don't know a lot about the breed so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the pups being merle - I suspect an australian shepard vs the husky. Cool to have a blue/chocolate and silverwhite merle

Have you picked out a name for your pup yet?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Aussies & Huskies I *think* are the two breeds who have blue eyes.
Did dad look like this(Aussie)
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory...es/1100020.jpg
Or this(Husky)
http://baixaki.ig.com.br/imagens/wpa...riano-3800.jpg
Actually, he didn't really look like either one. Definitely not long haired like the Aussie pic, but the coloring is similar except more black, white and grey. I'm guessing he has some german shepard in him. When I first saw him, I thought he was a wolf! He's been around a few times lately, and we've been trying to get him to come to us. At least he doesn't run now as soon as we open the door! I don't know if he actually belongs to someone or if he is a true stray (out in the country, a lot of people just let their dogs roam...we don't). I just know he seems to be afraid of humans. We're making progress though!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

With the pups being merle - I suspect an australian shepard vs the husky. Cool to have a blue/chocolate and silverwhite merle

Have you picked out a name for your pup yet?
I've been throwing some names around, but am waiting for her personality to come out more. I was thinking about Piper, but I will probably change my mind tomorrow. Any suggestions?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the name Piper! We actually had a foster pup that was that same coloring and Piper was the name I picked out for her. But John ended up naming her Layla.

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How much did the pups weigh at about 7 weeks? Cruiser was about 16 pounds. Now, at 5 months, he is 70 pounds!

7 weeks:

Now:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I love the name Piper! We actually had a foster pup that was that same coloring and Piper was the name I picked out for her. But John ended up naming her Layla.
Well, now DH wants to name her Skittles. He says we have Snickers, Buttercup...might as well stick with the candy theme! I still like Piper.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by help!

How much did the pups weigh at about 7 weeks? Cruiser was about 16 pounds. Now, at 5 months, he is 70 pounds!

7 weeks:

Now:
Cruiser is just gorgeous!! These pups are only a little under 4 wks old (4 wks next Monday) and they are between 4 and 5 lbs. They're going to be big, but no where the size of Cruiser (I hope!)

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Cruiser is just gorgeous!! These pups are only a little under 4 wks old (4 wks next Monday) and they are between 4 and 5 lbs. They're going to be big, but no where the size of Cruiser (I hope!)
Do you know what breed the father is? They are gorgeous. I am, of course, very partial of the merles! They look so much like my baby!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're pretty sure the father is an Australian Shepard mix. Someone posted a pic of a pure Aussie, and it had longer hair than the father so I think it probably has some German Shepard or something mixed in. We're trying to get him to trust us and come so we can get a better look at him, but so far no luck.

But, ALL the merles have blue eyes!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But Skittles IS a rainbow of colors and the pup has chocolate, silver, black
Either name is good - How about a combo, like Skitter.