My Review of Precious Cat Litter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat litter for 1 week now. I must say I am pleased with it. 3 of my litter boxes still have Tidy Cats and 1 with Precious Cat. Precious Cat clumps harder and do not break apart. Very minimal dust, only saw dust when I first opened the bag and pored it in the box. The only thing I am not sure about is the litter seems heavier, more like gravel, not as soft as Tidy Cat. The cats do not seem to mind this. It also holds smell just as well if not better than Tidy Cats. I also thinks it tracks less than Tidy Cats.

I thought Precious Cat was more expensive but it turns out it is cheaper than Tidy Cats. I payed $8.49 for 40 lbs or it is $4.99 for 20 lbs. For Tidy cats I was paying $6.99 for 20 lbs. I bought the larger because they offer a rebate on any bag of Precious Cat. Here is the link if anyone is interested in trying this litter

http://www.preciouscat.com/rebates-and-offers-I-9.html

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm! I've never used that type, I like Scoop Away mixed with Tidy Cats, but Scoop Away is so dusty
I get Scoop Away for 9.34 for 27 lbs, so it appears the the Precious cat is similar
might have to give it a try!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What I hate about litter is the smell. I'm very sensitive to odor and can't stand the perfumy smell. How is this one for smell?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mcat

What I hate about litter is the smell. I'm very sensitive to odor and can't stand the perfumy smell. How is this one for smell?
It contains no perfumes or deodorants so there is no smell.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I haven't looked at all of his products for a while. Is Precious Cat the same as Cat Attract? Or is that another product line that he sells?
Cat Attract is another product line he sells.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by auchick

I have not seen this before. What stores sell it?
I bought mine at Pet Supplies Plus.

babbittd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll second the notion that Cat Attract has much less dust than other similar clumping litters.

I have two kittens and wanted to get them on a mix of swheatscoop and world's best, but only one likes it. The other prefers Cat Attract or something similar, such as Precious Cat. I hate the dust and can't imagine that it's good for them and will go out of my way to get Dr. Elsey's.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had great success with the cat attract, so I'd be willing to give this a try.

Stan sneezes an awful lot with the Tidy Cats and he's had a luke-warm reaction to the corn litter...he only uses it as his third choice box.