singing

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just did the craziest thing. I started singing, and my cat all of a sudden jumped up on me and started licking my arm furiously. I think my singing triggered it. Does that mean she likes my singing? Or does it mean my singing is THAT bad, and she was trying to get me to stop?

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too funny! My cat goes a little nuts when I blast the radio and sing as I'm cooking or cleaning... and if I happen to really like the song and put a little hop in my step, he'll get startled and look ready to pounce... I know the singing is bad on my end... but come on, the little dance... there's no need to overreact to that

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

My cat just did the craziest thing. I started singing, and my cat all of a sudden jumped up on me and started licking my arm furiously. I think my singing triggered it. Does that mean she likes my singing? Or does it mean my singing is THAT bad, and she was trying to get me to stop?
POST A SAMPLE AND I'LL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU MORE.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's really funny!

My sister's dog doesn't like dancing. If you dance she will get up and jump at you and try to bite you! (She's not vicious, she's just a bitey dog.)

Tricia

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

When I "sing", I get three sets of "airplane ears" and wide eyes which basically say - what's that horrible noise?
How amazing that someone else knows about "Airplane Ears"!!!
That's a dead giveaway right there...

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

My cat Winston RIP would run around like a maniac if I put on the Backstreet Boys (back when they were okay). ONLY that "band".
I guess my kitty had taste in music...stupid boys band lol

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie doesn't do it when I sing, but if one of the cell phones rings or if I happen to play one of my music boxes she goes crazy!
She doesn't lick me though, she bites...not hard...but she bites.

I know why Gracie does it though, she has a number of health problems stemming from the fact that she was the product of inbreeding and she only hears certain tones and apparently she hears both of those things and doesn't like either of them

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Graciecat, NOW YOU'VE DONE IT.
You want to talk cell phones? My snowshoe rescue, Sishya, goes GAGA when I'm on mine.
It started, I'm sure, because she LOVES
my ex-husband (one of life's great mysteries
) and most of my calls on the cell used to be from him, and she could hear his voice over the speaker.
But it's gotten much bigger than that, to the point where now, whether I'm on the cell, the cordless, or the landline, and no matter who I'm on with, invariably, here comes Seesh.
And what she does is hilarious -- she mews nonstop, kneads, tails up in the air, and then rolls on the floor -- you got it -- just like a cat in HEAT.