Will they ever get along???

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have had Osiris just about two weeks (this sunday), he is a 5.5 month old male, still intact until the week after next...

I also have 2 other cats... Nollee (1 year old female) and Tiger (5 year old male)... Those two get along like no tomorrow, but they havent been excepting of the newcomer aka Osiris. Sometimes Nollee will play with Osiris but usually for a short period of time...

The issue I have is really between Tiger and Osiris... I went through the seperation process and finally i said "Enough" Im letting you all roam together to see how things go. Things were pretty intense at first, Tiger and Osiris fought all the time (Tiger was letting Osiris know that he is the dominant cat). Well now Tiger is stalking the life out of Osiris and when he does that Osiris growls and hisses at him (sometimes they fight and sometimes they dont). Whenever Osiris runs past Tiger, Tiger chases and it ends up being an attack... Now the tables have turned, Tiger is trying to except Osiris, but Osiris is so intimidated by him, that he responds in a negative way... Tiger doesnt like that type of attitude and then they fight (never any blood and the fights are very short).

I felt so bad last night when Nollee and Tiger were playing/wrestling... Osiris got so excited that he pounced on them (wanting to join the fun) and Tiger went after him and attacked. Osiris is very people and cat oriented but my other two cats arent really excepting him (theyre acting very cliquey)...

I know they can learn to co-exist, but is there hope that they will let Osiris be there buddy one day? Im hoping the neuter helps a little!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has only been two weeks... it took Kandie 1 yr to accept Zoey actually lived there

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
takes time, sometiems alot of it,
it has taken almost year for heyu to half way get along with Eazy.

even now, sometiems eazy will just go sit to look out the window, heyu wont do anything, other times, heyu will hiss and bop him on the head and leave.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it takes time, Im just not use to it taking this much time. Im impatient I guess. Nollee and Tiger were best buds in a matter of 3 days, so I guess this is new to me. Thanks for the reassurance though, I needed it!

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I know it takes time, Im just not use to it taking this much time. Im impatient I guess. Nollee and Tiger were best buds in a matter of 3 days, so I guess this is new to me. Thanks for the reassurance though, I needed it!
My Lucky is still being a brat to my Jake...and it's been 6 months...tho she has lightened up quite a bit the past month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes wonder if it is male on male competition. My older cat took to my female kitten really well... Him and the male kitten just keep bumping heads!