Has anyone here ordered from Pet Meds?

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get Revolution from them for about the same price i can buy Frontline from my vet. (And understand that it will ALSO treat earmites and worms at the same time, should any of the cats have any of these)
If I order from them, how long will it take to come to my door? (I would be ordering 3 months worth for 3 cats...so get a small discount, and the shipping will be free)
Linda

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good question!! I was looking at revolution on 1800petmeds.com also. I was going to ask the same thing.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They will ask for the prescription from your vet first. If your vet won't give a prescription, they won't ship it to you.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never ordered from there,, but I was thinking about getting heartworm medicine for the my dog, Sheba from there.. I wonder if anyone has???

Oh,, and what kind of prescriptions do you give your cats?? My girls don't really get fleas because they don't go outside at all.. Is there something I should be treating them for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I've never ordered from there,, but I was thinking about getting heartworm medicine for the my dog, Sheba from there.. I wonder if anyone has???

Oh,, and what kind of prescriptions do you give your cats?? My girls don't really get fleas because they don't go outside at all.. Is there something I should be treating them for?
Ours don`t go outside either....but I do a lot of flower gardening...and this time of year I always end up bringing them in on my clothes, even though they don`t actually like or bite me.... and they transfer to the cats. I can see that this is going to be a "yearly thing" for us around here.
We have sandy soil...and the month of Aug seems to "be the time".
Linda

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
We've used both pet meds and entirely pets - we never buy from the vet anymore cuz they're more expensive... you shouldn't need a prescription just for flea and tick stuff, but for things like heartgard, you will need a prescription (you can call your vet and tell them you're ordering from wherever and ask them to approve a prescription - if your cat's already on heartworm meds this shouldnt be a problem, if not they'll want to test to make sure your cat's negative for it first, then the company you order from will contact your vet to get the ok)... I buy Oliver's frontline and heartgard usually through entirelypets.com... I don't know EXACTLY how long it takes to come to my house, but it's very prompt - a few days or so... your vet may tell you they match the price of such and such a site, but I've found that's not always true, plus you have the right to buy the stuff wherever you want (you can always just say you're purchasing several other things from the site and just want to do it all together and save a trip out somewhere)

fedlawyer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I order frontline plus from Jefferspet.com. They are cheaper than 1800petmeds and petfooddirect. I hate petfooddirect and won't order anything from them in any case. But I was very happy with Jeffers pet service. I just received my order yesterday with free duck and potato dog treats! I'll be using them for all my frontline needs.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

I can get Revolution from them for about the same price i can buy Frontline from my vet. (And understand that it will ALSO treat earmites and worms at the same time, should any of the cats have any of these)
If I order from them, how long will it take to come to my door? (I would be ordering 3 months worth for 3 cats...so get a small discount, and the shipping will be free)
Linda
I was going to order Revolution from them too,but they do require a presciption from your vet...and with my vet I was going to be charged 20.00 for the prescription. If I had asked for the scrip at their annual checkup, it wouldn't have cost me tho.

Of course,I just went ahead and got it from the vet and the price dropped from 64.00 for a three pack to 46.00...so now it's much cheaper for me to get it thru the vet!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by taterbug

I was going to order Revolution from them too,but they do require a presciption from your vet...and with my vet I was going to be charged 20.00 for the prescription. If I had asked for the scrip at their annual checkup, it wouldn't have cost me tho.

Of course,I just went ahead and got it from the vet and the price dropped from 64.00 for a three pack to 46.00...so now it's much cheaper for me to get it thru the vet!
Can a vet seriously charge just to write a script?! I mean, I guess they can but that is outrageous! If that was my vet, I'd personally look into going somewhere else... depending on the situation, my vet is more than happy to write out an appropriate script for us to come pick up without bringing in the pet or charging (of course she doesnt just write scripts like they're going out of style, but things like heartworm meds or my dog's thyroid meds etc)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK...here`s the scoop!
I called PetMeds.....you do have to have a script from your vet....but if you place the order and give them your vets info, THEY CALL to get the perscription over the phone. The order comes to you in 7-10 days. (Too long for me)
Just thought I`d let you`ll know.
I went ahead and got my Revolution from my vet. $42 for 3 doses.
Linda

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I order from them regularly. It sometimes takes a few days to sort things out between my vet and 1-800-PetMeds, but they're helpful about it. Then the actual shipping is fast. Usually about two days. I usually receive the package five or six days after I order.

My only issue is actually with a positive thing: They kill you with kindness... they include one or two bags of free catnip with each order. I'm awash in catnip.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Can a vet seriously charge just to write a script?! I mean, I guess they can but that is outrageous! If that was my vet, I'd personally look into going somewhere else... depending on the situation, my vet is more than happy to write out an appropriate script for us to come pick up without bringing in the pet or charging (of course she doesnt just write scripts like they're going out of style, but things like heartworm meds or my dog's thyroid meds etc)
I guess so! She refused to give the company the prescription and when I went by to pick it up,she was going to charge me for it. If she wasn't so good with my three girls,and the strays I take in,I would definitely change vets. Living in a remote area makes it hard to find a good one. But I now get Revolution and Frontline at much cheaper prices.