What puts you on your high horse?

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In other words what are your pet peeves?? (cat related or not) Mine are:

1. Anyone that abuses animals

2. High - Kill shelters

3. Any politician or person that cares only about world issues and not US issues. (Or doesn't balance both)

What are some of yours???!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get on my high horse a lot, because I cannot bear to see injustice... and of course, it's everywhere. Some of the things most likely to make me saddle up:

Bullies who use sarcasm, ridicule, and hostility to control others.

White supremacists, neo-Nazis, and all other hatemongers.

Religious fanatics who try to impose their dogma on everyone else.

Corporations that give their CEOs millions in bonuses while their lower-level employees are struggling to get by on minimum wage.

People who would rather spout standard party boilerplate, no matter how transparently false, than analyze political issues for themselves.

Anyone who exploits those weaker than himself, particularly child abusers and animal abusers.

And many, many more...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Anyone who exploits those weaker than himself, particularly child abusers and animal abusers.

And many, many more...

Ugg, SO agree with that one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now that you guys remind me, child abuse and racial/religion insults really make me mad. We have been trying to solve racial injustice for so long. Why can't people just straighten their heads out and realize it's just a skin color and that everyone's unique?! Ugg!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People who get mad at me for stupid things such as not bieng able to raise the limited on their charge card, it's not up to me!

People who don't give me more than 30 seconds to get back to my dept. at work.

Parents who don't watch their kids(case in point, it took one more 15 minutes of being on her cell then 10 more minutes to notice her 5 y/o son was missing
).

People who complain about things beyond my control.

Sarcasm....like "oh I love all these happy smiles & helpful people in this place" when the guy is mad because we don't know the exact color & size in stock. Umm, Hello? We normally only carry 2 in that size cuz they don't sell, its not our fault your dog ate both of them!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
White Cat Lover: Your siggy just made my heart melt.

Back to topic:
1: First and above all else: Anyone who harms children and animals. The only application of real hate in me is against anyone has or would do this. If a person abuses a child they have lost all humanity with me, and I only wish for them the worst pain a person could feel. If there were dementors in real life, these people would be haunted by one.

2: Anyone who protects, defends, or justifies anyone in category 1. Inaction, covering up a crime against a child, and profitting off the exploitation of children and animals is nearly as bad as committing the crime.

3: Parents who are so involved in their own lives that they ultimately hurt their children by denying them their basic needs. For example those who would buy a hot new expensive car while their kids only eat PB&J for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Or those who live a lifestyle that prevents the children from being able to assimilate (sp?) to life outside of the parent's dream world.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ignorance. Plain and simple.

And everything that CarolPetunia said.

And many, many more.

I can't say intolerance, though, because I have a VERY hard time tolerating fools.