How many (adult) cats have you had in your lifetime?

kristerp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had ten , my first one was the grey tabby "Jejses Krejs" , this big male cat got it's name from a sentence my (Scottish) grandfather used to say alot.. at the age of 5 I was unaware what the name meant .. years later I understood that it was what the phrase "Jesus Christ!" sounded to me

We currently have 6 cats (+4 kittens)

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Including Moonlight, I've had 4. But I'm only 16 so many more kitties to come.

When I was a toddler, we had Einstein and Doodles. My first word besides Mama was Einstein, when my parents were introducing me to the kitties. I called him EyeGuy because I couldn't say Einstein.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not counting strays that I've brought home as a kid, or the cats my brother had when I lived with him and his family:

Shadow (a gift from my ex)
Gem (a stray)
Toby (adopted her when she was 10 years from her original Daddy)
Kira (adopted her as a kitten from a strawberry farm)
Chynna (abandoned by her family when they moved out of the building)
Abby (adopted her at 4 months from my friend's daughter's ex room-mate)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ming 1, Ming 2, Hobbes, 8-Bit, Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds, and Dr. D Claw.

Ming 1, Ming 2, and Hobbes are all RB kitties.

8-Bit, Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds, and Dr D Claw are all my current crew.

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Ming 1, Ming 2, Hobbes, 8-Bit, Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds, and Dr. D Claw.

Ming 1, Ming 2, and Hobbes are all RB kitties.

8-Bit, Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds, and Dr D Claw are all my current crew.
Cute names!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was living with my Dad I had my 2 kitties a Black male kitty named Rylan & a Female Ocicat named Alley. They moved out with me @ 18 & lived with me through many moves & through my wild years & were with my though my marriage & were there when my Quads were born, Rylan passed away a few months after the Quads were born, Alley passed away a year and a half after they were born.

Then the 3 that we have now, Horatio, Yuki & Max

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my 2.
I have only had Miagi and Tiger and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Miagi is around 4 and a half now we got him at 9 months and Tiger is around 5 now, we got him when he was 3.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Medley [RB tortie, 1st cat], Smoke [rehomed Siamese mix], Mouse [RB blue cat], Pixel, Chip, Java & Cable, current adults - makes 8. didn't count Firefox, since she's still a kitten.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oops, I guess it was actually 7 but I put 6...I had 2 family cats when I was younger. but 5 of my own

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
11. Sunshine, Muffler, Mag, Battery, Sparkplug, Tuneup, Chassis, Caliper, Tigger, Turbo and Tailpipe.

I clicked the 6-10 because I nearly forgot Turbo! He got "cat-napped" by someone when he was about 2-3. We think he found a better home rather than being a shop-cat at my dad's automotive repair shop.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean how many were adopted/bought at an adult age, or how many cats in total who lived to be adults?..

all our cats were kittens when we got them, even though charlie was the oldest, he still was only 4 months, same as cleo.

Ill just say total cats. Biscuits, Marmalade, Smudge, Klingon, Socks, Crumbles, Rascal, Jasmine, Charlie, Cleo that is....10 (since i was born)

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran down the list and counted 17... but I feel like I'm missing someone

ETA: Ok I just remembered who I'm missing. Max, Cleo and Tabby's sister.. but we adopted her out to a good family when she was a baby... so I didn't have her as an adult. Whew I feel better now

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dixie and Pixie were my first cats when I was a teenager.

Morris and Phil were my brothers two when l Lived at home.

Juno, Shannon and Misty were my first three cats that I had when I moved away from home.

Flippy was my cat I lost this past March to kidney failure.

Sassy and Linus are my two now.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only had the 2 sweet boys I have now.

Although I did live with my wonderful "cat-nephews," Mouser and Minion, for a few months. And my parents had 3 cats, 2 of which were definitely adults, but they were given away a little bit after we (my twin sister and I) were born.

Tricia

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

When I was living with my Dad I had my 2 kitties a Black male kitty named Rylan & a Female Ocicat named Alley. They moved out with me @ 18 & lived with me through many moves & through my wild years & were with my though my marriage & were there when my Quads were born, Rylan passed away a few months after the Quads were born, Alley passed away a year and a half after they were born.

Then the 3 that we have now, Horatio, Yuki & Max
I don't know if we're allowed to share photo's of passed kitty's or not... but I found photo's of my 2 past kitties mentioned here and wanted to share here

Rylan was my husbands kitty, he was a sweetie... certianly wasn't the brightest crayon in the box... but certianly full of love

& Alley... My Ocicat... The most UNIQUE, LOVE of my life. I MISS her dearly & will NEVER own another kitty like her. She would always be by my side. When I was pregnany, she was always on my belly... when the babies would cry... she would always come get me and rub on me... like "mommy... your kittens are crying..." She was SO acrobatic and FUNNY! like... I'd go into the kitchen... she'd hide behind the wall on the other side and wait for me to come out and LEAP into the air at me and SCARE the heck outta me! If cats laughed... I KNOW she certianly did every time she did that! LOL!
She would take those sticks with a feather on the end, and hold the end w/o the feather... and spin around and around in circles... *ugh* I MISS her SO much... I will NEVER find another kitty like her...
(not the best photo's of her, but its what I could find on my disk)

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I grew up with Tibby. My kids grew up with Patches. Then, came RB Divot and RB Baffy. Then, Josie, Arthur and RB Claire. Then, Peaches, Paisley and Ezra.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your poll didn't go high enough. I voted for being the woman with 200 cats in my house, but it is somewhere between 20 and 200. I'm up to at least 35 but probably less than 40.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only counted the ones I have had since leaving home, there have been Charlie, Tigger, Ginger, Snowy, Pebbles, Blackie, Molly, Tiger, plus about 32 fosters.