IKEA Cat

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I decided to pick up a cat toy from the new IKEA here in Portland (I was one of the insane ones who camped out for opening day two weeks ago... #65 in line, got my free chair) and sadly (for my bank account) I've been back once each week, this time getting some more mirrors for my mirror wall in the hall, and some boxes and stuff for the laundry closet (when things start falling off the washer and it's NOT running... it's time to organize). I picked up one of their cat toys. Now, it's not marked as a catnip toy. But last week, I picked one up for the shelter kitties... and the three boys I gave it to went berserk over it. We had a theory... so, this week, I picked up one for my two...

I turn my back on the bag for TWO seconds and this is what I find:

"Mom, I know you bought something for us at that store... where is it?"

"C'mon, Meowmy... give it up..."

"I think it's this grey thingy... but it has plastic over it. I'm gonna guard it until you put that camera down and unwrap it for me, okay?"

Video: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/amandawolfe/?action=view&current=MOV00314.flv

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OOh how funny! Moonlight gets so overly hyper with catnip... he has a catnip mouse with a bell on it, and he rips it apart so much, that it only has one eye.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh I LOOOVE IKEA... those square mirrors with the wood around em' with the lil mirror in the middle... LOVE em

How cute, kitty in a bag...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

So, I decided to pick up a cat toy from the new IKEA here in Portland (I was one of the insane ones who camped out for opening day two weeks ago... #65 in line, got my free chair) and sadly (for my bank account) I've been back once each week, this time getting some more mirrors for my mirror wall in the hall, and some boxes and stuff for the laundry closet (when things start falling off the washer and it's NOT running... it's time to organize). I picked up one of their cat toys. Now, it's not marked as a catnip toy. But last week, I picked one up for the shelter kitties... and the three boys I gave it to went berserk over it. We had a theory... so, this week, I picked up one for my two...

I turn my back on the bag for TWO seconds and this is what I find:

"Mom, I know you bought something for us at that store... where is it?"

"C'mon, Meowmy... give it up..."

"I think it's this grey thingy... but it has plastic over it. I'm gonna guard it until you put that camera down and unwrap it for me, okay?"

Video: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/amandawolfe/?action=view&current=MOV00314.flv
Big IKEA fans here. Almost everything we own comes from the Land of Blue and Yellow. So I know what you mean about bank accounts -- in fact, we got a call from the credit card folks after one foray there, just wanting to make sure someone hadn't jacked our card and gone to IKEA for a big spree. Naw, it was US.

Sure hope you delivered the goods. Me, I'd be mighty scared of a guy like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm an Ikea addict...

Your Orange boy is so cute! I'm in love!
GIRL!!! Everyone always assumes JoJo's a boy... alas, no, she's ALL PRINCESS!

I know her name doesn't help... although one of her nicknames is Princess Fuzzybutt.

I seriously wish i could have a few thousand $$$ and a clean slate in my apt... I'd do E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in my place... granted, MOST of my stuff already IS IKEA... but I'd upgrade my couch, TV stand, better shelving in the walk-in closet (it's not so much for clothes, but for crafts and sewing stuff... my clothes are crammed in the smaller normal closet in the second bedroom, which actually IS my bedroom), new dining chairs (table is a project... will have a painted dragon on it eventually).

JoJo loves her 'nip toys... she's not always carrying them around like 8-Bit and his 'nana, but she certainly loves them... Jack loves any toy he can loop a claw into and fling... he's a bit of an odd duck... of course, this whole household is odd...

Amanda

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know her name doesn't help... although one of her nicknames is Princess Fuzzybutt.

I seriously wish i could have a few thousand $$$ and a clean slate in my apt... I'd do E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in my place... granted, MOST of my stuff already IS IKEA... but I'd upgrade my couch, TV stand, better shelving in the walk-in closet (it's not so much for clothes, but for crafts and sewing stuff... my clothes are crammed in the smaller normal closet in the second bedroom, which actually IS my bedroom), new dining chairs (table is a project... will have a painted dragon on it eventually).

JoJo loves her 'nip toys... she's not always carrying them around like 8-Bit and his 'nana, but she certainly loves them... Jack loves any toy he can loop a claw into and fling... he's a bit of an odd duck... of course, this whole household is odd...

Amanda
...then there's RubSluts. Right?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

...then there's RubSluts. Right?
Yes... Jack is RubSlut... he'll flop over onto his back for me to rub his belly at any given time... he LOVES his belly rubs...

If i try to rub JoJo's belly, I'm lucky to not be bleeding when I pull my hand away... she's getting better, now she'll occasionally let me gently rub her belly... see, with Jack, I do that mad-fast rubbing back and forth... he loves that...

Such strange cats...

JoJo's PO'd at me at the moment because I haven't given her dinner yet... how do you tell a cat the can's contents have to come to room temperature...

Yes, they're spoiled... VERY spoiled. About the only thing I haven't gotten for them yet is a huge cat tree... can't afford it. I know where one will go when I do get it... I peruse eBay every so often... but I haven't taken the next step yet... they barely use the little one they have...

Here's one of Jack, aka Rub ****:

I haven't posted much of them lately... I have digital, which is what all these are here, but I've been playing with film on them as well... if i have a roll to finish off, like yesterday, I took a few of them... well, okay, nearly the whole roll... I have to scan those negatives in before posting them... I think they turned out even better than the digital ones from the same window shoot yesterday morning (the one of Jack above is yesterday)

Amanda

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amanda
Sorry... I see orange and think boy.

She's beautiful and wonderful though.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Sorry... I see orange and think boy.

She's beautiful and wonderful though.
No problem... really... I wasn't upset... it's more common to see orange boys anyway... so I know she's special...

So does she.

If I'd known she was such an uncommon cat in terms of gender and color, I'd have given her a more girly name...

A.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I haven't been to the new Ikea by the airport yet. Now that I know they have cat toys, there's another reason to go.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMIGOSH is he FINE!!!

Sounds like a couple of real bizarro's to me -- just like my clowder! Calo, whom we affectionately refer to as "the Bullcat" because he's built like a bulldog and acts like one, is sacked out on my weight bench, his favorite spot (looks like he uses it and the weights, too!). He LOVES gettin' physical, too -- I tickle his chest and belly and he kicks and pummels my hand and arm, "disembowelling" them. Sometimes he bites, too. I love it! He's a real GUY CAT. Each one of The Nine is unique, of course, and has a wonderful purrsonality. But one thing they share with Jack and JoJo -- they're SPOILED ROTTEN. Just like they SHOULD be.

We have a lot of cat furniture here, most of it bought from Petco or a local "mom and pop" store. Petco has some good sales on their cat furniture. Online, you might also want to check http://www.DrsFosterSmith.com, because they have some great sales, too (one's going on right now!). And then there's http://www.KittyKlimb.com (I hope that's the URL!) -- sure hope you are able to buy them the perfect cat tree SOON! If you buy a big tall one, it's almost guaranteed to be a hit with them. "IF YOU BUY IT, THEY WILL COME"