National Cat Show, Chantilly VA (get together??)

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everybody!!

The Chantilly Virginia National Cat Show (supposedly *the* biggest on the east coast), is coming up on September 8 & 9, 2007.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to organize a get together for that weekend coordinating with the cat show.

Here's the link to the show. www.nationalcapitalcatshow.com

Lots of vendors (and two years ago I got the *best* cat toys there... just ask the kitties)..

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, put me down for a Maybe. If my bf doesn't work that weekend, I can probably go, otherwise not because I would never be able to get there and back by myself. I'm still learning the city, let alone anywhere else!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't live too far away, I might be able to get you... or we may be able to set up carpools for those further away. There are safe ways to set them up, so that everyone is safe ... I used to do this for an online group I set up parties for, so it's possible.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Hi Everybody!!

The Chantilly Virginia National Cat Show (supposedly *the* biggest on the east coast), is coming up on September 8 & 9, 2007.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to organize a get together for that weekend coordinating with the cat show.

Here's the link to the show. www.nationalcapitalcatshow.com

Lots of vendors (and two years ago I got the *best* cat toys there... just ask the kitties)..
I'm in...would love to meet up with my fellow Virginians!!! I will warn you however...I will come with a LARGE book of pictures of my furry children.
Sunday works better for me because I usually volunteer on Saturday.

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Hmm, put me down for a Maybe. If my bf doesn't work that weekend, I can probably go, otherwise not because I would never be able to get there and back by myself. I'm still learning the city, let alone anywhere else!
Hey AlleyGirl..if you can get to a metro...I can pick you up from West Falls Church and drop you back off.

Katie

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We would go, but that's a CFA show and our cats are persona non grata at those shows. As much as I'd like to meet more TCS members I can't see going to a cat show where we can't show.

Hope y'all have a great time though!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's like the only one close to me that I know about, with the exception of the TICA show that I didn't find out about until after the weekend it was happening (which happens to be the same weekend as the Richmond show, at least this year)..

I'd go to more if there were more around me.
What's your next show, Nial?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Richmond and would be wiling to carpool and help pay gas, etc. if anyone from here is going.

Katie - I don't even know what a metro is

I would love to go, but he DOES have to work that weekend, so the only way I can go is to carpool. I can figure out my way to somewhere in the city or surrounding suburbs, but don't know how to get anywhere out of the immediate area.

I volunteer saturdays too, but could get someone to cover for me if that is the day everyone wants to go.

p.s. I will be going to the show in Richmond in october if anyone has plans for a meet-up there as well!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If we get some more people interested, I'll try to get some carpooling organized. I also considered having a "TCS party" or something afterwards, maybe a dinner, or go back to my house and hang out for awhile.. of course, with the caveat that everyone understands I'm a.) not the world's best housekeeper and b.) the cats rule the house and they're probably messier with their toys (and everything they consider to be their toys) than children.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.....that is not too far from me, but we have plans to go camping at the beach with my family that weekend.

ETA: It's possible I could go on Sunday. I'll check back to find out what day everyone is going and then see what I can do.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If we get some more people interested, I'll try to get some carpooling organized. I also considered having a "TCS party" or something afterwards, maybe a dinner, or go back to my house and hang out for awhile.. of course, with the caveat that everyone understands I'm a.) not the world's best housekeeper and b.) the cats rule the house and they're probably messier with their toys (and everything they consider to be their toys) than children.
Sounds great, but it seems everyone else is in northern va so far

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I am in Richmond and would be wiling to carpool and help pay gas, etc. if anyone from here is going.

Katie - I don't even know what a metro is

I would love to go, but he DOES have to work that weekend, so the only way I can go is to carpool. I can figure out my way to somewhere in the city or surrounding suburbs, but don't know how to get anywhere out of the immediate area.

I volunteer saturdays too, but could get someone to cover for me if that is the day everyone wants to go.

p.s. I will be going to the show in Richmond in october if anyone has plans for a meet-up there as well!
Oh...LOL..I thought you were in Metro DC.
Yes..that would be a problem for me to pick you up and drop you back. Sometimes I forget what a large state I actually live in.

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Heather..I think the hardest part of trying to organize get togethers is to find a location/date that works for everyone. In any case...I can make Sunday and would love to meet other TCSers at that time.

Katie

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I might be able to come. It will be exciting for me as it will be my first cat show. It's so sad they don't show bengals. I really want to see one in real life!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll probably be showing my boys at this show.
Hopefully they'll already have granded since there will be so many good cats here! I'd like to see how they measure up to the best of the best

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a great idea. I going to see if it's possible for me. At least I think I know where it is.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Heather..I think the hardest part of trying to organize get togethers is to find a location/date that works for everyone. In any case...I can make Sunday and would love to meet other TCSers at that time.

Katie
I was considering doing something both days to offer variety.. I'll be home that weekend with nothing to do except herd cats and go to the cat show.

Originally Posted by Cairo

I might be able to come. It will be exciting for me as it will be my first cat show. It's so sad they don't show bengals. I really want to see one in real life!
It's okay, I have two Bengals, and if they don't behave themselves if I do have a party... I might send one home with you.
Just kidding, I only threaten to send them to new homes. As we can see due to their absolute refusal to modify any of their behavior.. they don't believe it a second.

Originally Posted by FerrisCat

I'll probably be showing my boys at this show.
Hopefully they'll already have granded since there will be so many good cats here! I'd like to see how they measure up to the best of the best
What kinds of cats do you have?

Originally Posted by Mcat

Sounds like a great idea. I going to see if it's possible for me. At least I think I know where it is.
Directions are fairly easy. The Expo Mart isn't very far off of 66, which is one of the major roads in the area.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still a few weeks away... I just want to make sure we keep bumping this up so people see it.