My hair is driving me crazy

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not one to usually worry much about my hair. I keep it pretty short and don't like to fuss with it. But, I have very thick red hair (not that I complaining) and when it starts to grow out it seriously gets on my nerves, actually feels heavy. I really, really need a hair cut and haven't had time, so I'm going to Great Clips today after work and having my head shaved. Seriously, I want it SHORT!

Okay. I'm done. Thanks!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
might be a good look for you Eileen
Gracie would be able to get at your ears even better!!

I have long hair and sometimes I wonder why, I always end up putting it in a ponytail by the end of the day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Are you being sarcastic when you say your going to shave it? I really hope so
Yeah, no worries. The bald look wouldn't work for me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am glad - I really thought you were gonna shave it off. I like long hair (so does DH) so mine is a little past my shoulders - no shorter. In the summer its a pain cause I have to wear it in a ponytail when its really hot.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going for the Sinead O'Conner look?

I'd do it if I thought I could pull it off. Derek is such a hair puller and keeps stealing my hairbands and clips right from my hair (usually pulling some out at the same time).

Hope you like your new cut!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

might be a good look for you Eileen
Gracie would be able to get at your ears even better!!

I have long hair and sometimes I wonder why, I always end up putting it in a ponytail by the end of the day
Yeah, and she'd probably love the chance to groom my head too. Of course, that means Pete wouldn't be able to pull my hair!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Am glad - I really thought you were gonna shave it off. I like long hair (so does DH) so mine is a little past my shoulders - no shorter. In the summer its a pain cause I have to wear it in a ponytail when its really hot.
Sorry! It's just really get on my nerves when it gets too long. I actually really like long hair too, but my mom would never let me grow mine out when I was a kid because she I got crabby when my hair got too long. I think that's sort of stuck with me all these years, which is why I keep it short.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Don't be frustrated with your hair

Since you like short hair - heres a website that has some cute haircuts if you haven't already cut your hair...the hairstyles are pretty. They look like they are low maintenance...

www.greatestlook.com/veryshorthairstyles.html
Those are some really cute cuts. Thanks!
The third one from the left in the top row is the look I usually try to go for.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally don't like short hair much, but that one's very nice -- it doesn't look spiky and harsh, y'know? I also like the tously one that's second from the left in the second row. Good luck with your cut!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh im going to hate summer, i finally got it to a good long length but i get all frizzy!!! Although threatening to shave my hair off doesn't go to well with mum and Tristan lol

I LOVE red hair! So jealous

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the spiky short cuts, but some of them are cute. However, I look too much like a boy with mine cut that short (had it done one time in my life) and it takes forever! for my hair to grow back out.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I normally don't like short hair much, but that one's very nice -- it doesn't look spiky and harsh, y'know? I also like the tously one that's second from the left in the second row. Good luck with your cut!
That one's nice too. My cut turned out nice, a little on the short side, but that's okay. I feel so much better today, like a weight as been lifted and it's so much cooler.

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh im going to hate summer, i finally got it to a good long length but i get all frizzy!!! Although threatening to shave my hair off doesn't go to well with mum and Tristan lol

I LOVE red hair! So jealous
Guess there's pros and con's to both long and short hair.

I'm happy with my hair color now, but hated it as a kid because I got teased so bad.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I don't like the spiky short cuts, but some of them are cute. However, I look too much like a boy with mine cut that short (had it done one time in my life) and it takes forever! for my hair to grow back out.
Mine's looking a little spiky right now, but it feels so much better I don't mind. You're lucky, my hair grows so fast, I have to get it cut way more than I'd like.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
get it razored and thinned out a bit if the thickness is bothering you!
just be sure not to get it razored every time you go in though- it'll damage your hair i believe. But every other time or every few haircuts should be ok to do that. It will lighten it up a bit!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

get it razored and thinned out a bit if the thickness is bothering you!
just be sure not to get it razored every time you go in though- it'll damage your hair i believe. But every other time or every few haircuts should be ok to do that. It will lighten it up a bit!
Thanks!
That's what my stylist recommended yesterday and what a difference. It really is the thickness, not the length, that gets on my nerves.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i really need a haircut, haven't had mine cut since May... i like the first one in the top row.