I'm sick of summer!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's the start of August and I'm sick of summer. The heat and humidity has been a PIA, we haven't gotten enough rain, and people want me to go on picnics... outside.

I miss mashed potatoes, gravy and meatloaf. I tried to make that once this summer but it was "too hot" to eat. Also, I really want to make some mutton stew, but if I try now it will languish in the freezer.

Also, the roving pack of teenagers that are noisy and destructive are getting on my nerves. I want them to go back to school as soon as possible.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am 100% with you on this one!!!
I hate hate hate the summer.

I can't wait for Fall. I keep telling myself that we're ALMOST there.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know the majority of you will hate me for saying this, but I'm ready for SNOW. Yup, snow! I can't wait to hit the downhill slopes. In fact, I'm so stoked to ski, that I've already bought my season pass and it's only August. So, goodbye heat and humidity. Bring on the snow....

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another kindred spirit here -- even though it's been incredibly rainy and relatively cool in Dallas until just the past couple of weeks, I've already had more than enough of summer. Give me a good crisp breeze and the rattle of dry leaves scampering across the pavement... homemade potato soup... the chance to wear more than one layer of clothing without fainting from the heat...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree completely and totally.. We lost our dog yesterday due to the heat of this summer.. I am just over it... The whole season.. IT's august, it needs to cool down now.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on that, too!! It has been 100 degrees here for the past few days (no relief in sight) and the humidity is just awful. Can't hardly breathe when you walk outside. I try to stay in as much as possible. You can't even get dressed and put your make-up on to go for awhile without coming back all sweaty and gross!!

Where oh where is fall!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another person voting for cooler weather here!!
Well actually just for lots of rain-we have not had any significant rainfall for a month (significant meaning at least 1/2"). Grass is brown-the only green stuff is the weeds!! Running fans all the time in the house-can get motivated when its so warm either. Oh for some nice days in the mid 70's!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with you guys. It's been so hot and humid here and no relief in sight. We're supposed to have a cool front come through over the weekend which will bring the daytime high down to the upper 80's. Yay.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always hated the heat- I'm a fan of the negative temps & snow. Call me crazy- but living in MN, you get accustomed to it!

I'm looking forward to fall, some of the trees here have already started to turn!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry everyone... at the end of December I'll post my "I'm so sick of winter I could die" thread.

I'm much more of a spring and fall girl.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hallelujah I couldn't agree more.

This summer has by far been the worse heat wise I have seen in years.

Add to this fact I live in a tourist area that has been literally invaded by roaming packs of grumpy, rude, annoying tourist doesn't improve the situation at all...

However there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This morning my kitties were watching a huge flock of starlings in the tree across the street.

Flocking birds mean just one thing....Autumn is on the way..

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hate the heat and humidity and can't wait for that to be over, but love watching my boys enjoy the summer. I would like about 20 to 25 degrees Celcius with no humidity...light fluffly cloud in a mostly blue and sunny sky...year round if possible. I hate snow...nastiest 4 letter word in the English language IMO.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The high for here today is 71F. Very odd for August. This weekend is supposed to be up to 80F. I really like it but fear Mother Nature has just forgotten us and will make up for it in spades with 100+ temps when she remembers

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer can go away anyday! Hot days are not very fun...you can't really do anything when its almost 100 degrees besides just sit and sweat

We miss the nice cool breezes...our favorite season is Fall, not only for the weather but for all the beautiful array of colors. We love it! We think we may even like Winter better then summer & we get bombed with snow. Summer will be over soon & we can't wait!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired of it too... we have a heat warning in effect for the next few days with the heat index in the 105 - 110 range. The worst part is, John still insists on being outside working on stuff! I'm ready for it to be fall.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhhh I love summer!!!! You guys all need to move where I am!!

It gets to about 90 maximum during the day, 60's at night, and low humidity. We all walk around all day going "I love this weather!" "how good is the weather?" "another day in paradise" and so forth.