My cat and the vaccum

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie is scared of the vaccum but whenever I run it he has to be in the same room. Why would he want to be near if he's scared? Makes no sense.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has to watch the terrible creature to make sure it does no harm!
My Seb is the same way. Watches from a distance on full alert

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've three cats, all three with different reactions to the vacuum cleaner.

Pooch always hides as soon as I start to unwire the cord.
Luke watches from afar for a few minutes with BIG eyes until he runs off to hide too.
Kelly watches me, not scared.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe despite the noise she feels safer near you.

I taught mine not to be afraid of it by taking the plastic extension tube (not attached) and wiggling it around and letting them pounce it. It backfired because now Hemmy won't move while I'm vacuuming. Even if you bump him with it he just lays there. I have to stop and pick him up.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are just weird

Charlie doesn't like the vacuum either and at first he would not stay in the same room - sometimes now he'll stick around but only on a table, treehouse, washer/dryer and watch.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALl of my cats except Rocket will run from the vacum. Rocket will sit high up and watch it while I'm vacuming. He's fascinated with it. But then do you expect anything else from an Abyssinian?

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest, Rocky, will attack and hiss at the vacuum. He rushes out and slaps it with his paws. It's pretty funny!
The other two just watch from a distance, but will take off if it gets too close.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, can't wait to get another oci. I love the cornish rex, but the aby personality in oci's I love even more

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How cute... my Amadeus is TERRIFIED of the vacuum and will run and hide behind all of my long formals in the closet when it's running. Yet when it's not running and is just sitting in the corner of the living room, he'll come and LAY on it!!!

Sebastian is somewhat indifferent to it. He doesn't really want it near him and he'll move away, but he'll stay in the same room sometimes.

From my experience it seems most cats are at least apprehensive of the vacuum cleaner.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both Fred & Ginger runs to the foyer as soon as our hands touch the vacuum cleaner. When vacuum starts they start running across the room and observe the 'monster' from a distance.