Guess what's in the spare bedroom

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who am I kidding? You guys don't have to guess.
It's a little creature of the feline persuasion of course.

Here's the story: I stopped by the home of the lady (Diane) who adopted my former foster girl, Lucy, on the way home from work today. She's going out of town on Wed., and I'm going to petsit, so I needed to get her alarm code. While I was there, the plan was also to scope out the situation of a mother cat and her two feral kittens whom Diane has been feeding. Once she gets back next week, she wants to get the mom fixed and the two kittens socialized and find them a home. I'm going to help her by loaning her my traps if needed for the kittens, a playpen to keep them and point her in the right direction for low cost spay/neuter. Sounds simple enough, right?

Well, when I got there Diane informed me she had just found out about another kitten, who's likely a part of this same litter, but already socialized.
Turns out a couple of neighborhood kids found the kitten and she's been passed between several different families, but nobody wants her. She's pretty well socialized and the kids were carrying her up and down the street in a box trying to figure out what to do with her when Diane saw what was happening. Since this kitten, a little calico, is tame, we didn't just want to leave her outside and since Diane is leaving she couldn't take her in, so the kitten came home with me. She's tiny, maybe 8 weeks, and adorable. Pics coming tomorrow. So, I'm going to get her to the vet and keep her until Diane gets back, then we'll go from there.

With Georgie adopted, I figured my spare bedroom would be empty a while. Guess not!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I knew you wouldn't be without one for long. They are all attracted by that big, wonderful heart of yours.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The dust hasn't even settled after Georgie's departure!
Looking forward tot he pictures.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Who am I kidding? You guys don't have to guess.
It's a little creature of the feline persuasion of course.

Here's the story: I stopped by the home of the lady (Diane) who adopted my former foster girl, Lucy, on the way home from work today. She's going out of town on Wed., and I'm going to petsit, so I needed to get her alarm code. While I was there, the plan was also to scope out the situation of a mother cat and her two feral kittens whom Diane has been feeding. Once she gets back next week, she wants to get the mom fixed and the two kittens socialized and find them a home. I'm going to help her by loaning her my traps if needed for the kittens, a playpen to keep them and point her in the right direction for low cost spay/neuter. Sounds simple enough, right?

Well, when I got there Diane informed me she had just found out about another kitten, who's likely a part of this same litter, but already socialized.
Turns out a couple of neighborhood kids found the kitten and she's been passed between several different families, but nobody wants her. She's pretty well socialized and the kids were carrying her up and down the street in a box trying to figure out what to do with her when Diane saw what was happening. Since this kitten, a little calico, is tame, we didn't just want to leave her outside and since Diane is leaving she couldn't take her in, so the kitten came home with me. She's tiny, maybe 8 weeks, and adorable. Pics coming tomorrow. So, I'm going to get her to the vet and keep her until Diane gets back, then we'll go from there.

With Georgie adopted, I figured my spare bedroom would be empty a while. Guess not!
Praying and thinking best thoughts for these little ones and for you, for your kindness and caring!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww I was going to guess you had an elephant in the spare room

Glad you took this little girl in - good luck in finding her a forever home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

So much for that idea of taking a break from fostering for a while.
I guess I'll have to amend that to say I'll take a break from fostering after kitten season winds down.

Anyway guys, don't get too excited because, if all goes as planned, little Molly (of course I named her) will only be staying until Diane gets back in town, then she'll take over the fostering.

Won't have any pics until later today because I left my camera at work, but suffice it to say she's an adorable little calico and she has the personality to match - very fiesty!

We've got vet appointment later this afternoon. Molly seems healthy, but please send vibes that she tests negative for FeLV. This is a concern because another cat in neighborhood, which may or may not be related to Molly, tested positive.

Thanks guys!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Doesn't Katie need another kitten?

for a clean bill of health!

I have already volunteered my services
how could i resist a calico kitten??
but I'm also sending mega vibes that she is negative

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I have already volunteered my services
how could i resist a calico kitten??
but I'm also sending mega vibes that she is negative
I think that was a "DUH!"

Apparently my post didn't go through last night....fudge! Heidi beat me to what I was gonna say!

So....I'll have to settle for saying this: "You do know kitten season never ends, right?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So how did the vet appointment go?

Did I miss the pictures??? You know I have a thing for little calico kittens.
It went great! Molly tested negative and got a clean bill of health from my vet.

So, many thanks for the vibes. She also got her first shots and will be ready to spayed in a couple of weeks (she's not quite big enough yet).

Pics coming when I get to work. You guys should see the markings on this littlle. She's gorgeous!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats great news on the tests. I cant wait to see pics of Molly.