Identify me for Found posters!

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, I (hopefully) temporarily brought home another cat. This girl was sitting ON the drivethrough windows at Wendys for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon. They were about to call animal control (they're on two VERY busy roads), when I mentioned that I'd take her home until we can find her owner. I'm making up found posters, my only question is.. what type of cat is she? She looks part siamese to me, and has blue eyes...

I'd like to get the posters done and back tonight. She seems healthy (I'm able to handle her without complaining), and while a little shy, immediately starts purring when I pet her. She's wearing a collar (but no tag), so I figure she has to belong to someone in the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She also can't figure out what to do with me.. it's cute, I put my hand down by her hand, she rubs up against it, starts purring, but if I pet her when she doesn't initiate, she hisses.

Poor, confused kitty

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by waxlight

So, I (hopefully) temporarily brought home another cat. This girl was sitting ON the drivethrough windows at Wendys for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon. They were about to call animal control (they're on two VERY busy roads), when I mentioned that I'd take her home until we can find her owner. I'm making up found posters, my only question is.. what type of cat is she? She looks part siamese to me, and has blue eyes...

I'd like to get the posters done and back tonight. She seems healthy (I'm able to handle her without complaining), and while a little shy, immediately starts purring when I pet her. She's wearing a collar (but no tag), so I figure she has to belong to someone in the area.
She's definitely a traditional ("Apple-head" in cat breed parlance) Seal Point Siamese, and yes, she looks to be in good condition; her collar and friendly demeanor indicate someone is probably (I PRAY!) missing her very much. BEST OF LUCK TO HER AND YOU in getting her back to her people, whom I hope will opt to keep her indoors only from now on (and get her a tag! She may be microchipped, as well...a vet could probably find out).

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fliers are put up, and I called animal control w/ her description. Found add will go in newspaper on Wednesday if no one has called by then.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Is there any way you could have her scanned for a microchip? The little cat I rescued had a chip.

And thank you for taking her in and trying to return her to her family!

If you haven't already, you might want to try posting on the classified lost/found board on www.petfinder.com -- it's free.

Good luck!

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm going to call the vets in my area to see if they scan for chips - is it usually free for the person who found a cat to have them come in and scanned? I'm brrrrroooke until I get paid in a week.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is free or should be. Shelters can do it, too. It is part of the service that comes with a chip.

I took the little one I rescued in to be spayed! When I told them she was a found kitty, they checked for a chip first and found one. She was already spayed, too. They didn't charge me a thing.