Prayers need for sick kitty

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, We found a stray 8 week old kitten we named Neumann on Saturday barely holding on to life. He is completely dehydrated and anemic with maggots coming out of his nose. He also was completely flea and worm infested with conjuctivitis and an upper respitory infection. We took him home from the hospital Saturday night and fed him baby food and cat milk through a dropper every hour. We also gave him eye ointment and antibiotics. By Sunday morning we saw small signs of improvement however by Sunday evening his condition worsened dramatically and he could not even stand. We took him back to the hospital overnight where they ran a battery of tests including complete blood work. Today we took him from the hospital to the vet where they gave him an x -ray and gave him nutrition intravenously. His prognosis remains grave. He is sleeping constantly. They can't find anything wrong with him other than he is extremely malnourished and is having a hard time bouncing back. The vet gave him a 50/50 chance of survival this morning. We know everyone's prayers will be the difference maker at this point. Please pray for Neumann's surrvival. Wishing everyone the best! Torri and Eric

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor baby, i hope he gets better

Silly question about the maggots in his nose, does the vet say they were just laid there and escaping, or does kitty have some sort of wound in his nose/sinus cavity?

Poor bub

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's terrible that's he's so sick! He's in my thoughts and prayers for a save recovery.

Also, God Bless you for taking him in! Most people would not be as caring.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, the poor baby.
Sending lots of good health vibes his way. Thanks so much for taking such good care of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunatley the vet didnt know, he seems to think it was a hached egg, but she did have a open wound between her toes that had maggots in it, they misses that altoghether the first time I had him there.

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by misstorri

Unfortunatley the vet didnt know, he seems to think it was a hached egg, but she did have a open wound between her toes that had maggots in it, they misses that altoghether the first time I had him there.
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Thank you for taking him in. You've given him a chance.
Thoughts and prayers head your way.
Eric found him while playing basketball and no one was going to do anything, It was 100 degrees here saturday he would've died then had he not taken him straight to hospital, he's about 8-10wks and only 2lbs. Its so sad,the last thing we need is 6 cats but if he makes it he's going to be a spoiled little brat just like the rest of our boys...FAT TOO!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for Neumann and for you and your family. Thanks so much to Eric for finding him and getting him to the vet.

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

:grph ug2:

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Eric found him while playing basketball and no one was going to do anything, It was 100 degrees here saturday he would've died then had he not taken him straight to hospital, he's about 8-10wks and only 2lbs. Its so sad,the last thing we need is 6 cats but if he makes it he's going to be a spoiled little brat just like the rest of our boys...FAT TOO!!!
Oh I hope he makes it! He deserves a good home! Poor baby. Love is the best cure.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh...
poor,....Good vibes for this little one!

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! We are not out of the woods yet but today I got to spend about and hour alone with Neuman. I was suprised and excited to see his eyes open as the have not been much since saturday. He is still extremley lathargic but he was enjoying being touched and pet even streching out his legs quite a few times! He even lifted his back paw at one point so I could pet his belly! He would start to fall asleep then open his eyes real wide to make sure I was still there. He was also slightly responding to noises in the other room. Unfortunatley Eric had a Dr's appt. and misses all this. I gave the vet a charm I have of a praying angel and they put it on his cage for us. Now for the really good part... I just talked to one of the vet techs and she told me he took a couple bites of food on his own after i left,then they administered a feeding tube just to make sure he got a little more, as of this morning he was still not taking food so this make us very happy.At 8;00 he will get some more.Please keep praying for our little " South Paw" Neuman. I know your love and prayers has gotten him this far!!!

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Hi everyone, THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH! We are not out of the woods yet but today I got to spend about and hour alone with Neuman. I was suprised and excited to see his eyes open as the have not been much since saturday. He is still extremley lathargic but he was enjoying being touched and pet even streching out his legs quite a few times! He even lifted his back paw at one point so I could pet his belly! He would start to fall asleep then open his eyes real wide to make sure I was still there. He was also slightly responding to noises in the other room. Unfortunatley Eric had a Dr's appt. and misses all this. I gave the vet a charm I have of a praying angel and they put it on his cage for us. Now for the really good part... I just talked to one of the vet techs and she told me he took a couple bites of food on his own after i left,then they administered a feeding tube just to make sure he got a little more, as of this morning he was still not taking food so this make us very happy.At 8;00 he will get some more.Please keep praying for our little " South Paw" Neuman. I know your love and prayers has gotten him this far!!!
That's awesome!
I'm so happy to hear he's making progress! I will keep praying for him!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the update! Vibes and prayers still coming, keep us posted!

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neuman is comming home tommorrow! The last two days he has been doing fantastic. He is purring,meowing,and making muffins! He's still not eatting on his own so we will have to feed him every 4 hours but its just a matter of time.He still has an upper respitory infection so he still cant smell the food. The vet gave him an antihistimine that will also help stimulate his appitite.He will still be on plenty of medication, but we are just so thankful he's alive.The vet and her staff are calling it a miracle but I know it was everyones prayers and good vibes!Thank you all who were pulling for him. The staff has absolutlely fallen in love with him, they say he his so sweet and cute. Eric and I cant wait to spoil him and give him the life he never had. I bought him a plush new bed, and he wont know what hit him when he see's the amount of toys we have,not to mention jungle gyms, tunnels etc.Thank you all again we will let you know how he is,and send pics soon! Torri