Is he really Neutered?

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Ok so after reading up about neutering I am unsure that Mellow has been done, We have paperwork saying that the cat to his description (the name does not match but it rhymes so I am asuming someone changed his name!) has been neutered, but he does apear to have balls, I thought cats lost these when they were done.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neutered males still retain a scrotum, and will often appear like the testes are still there, if you are not squeamish about um, feeling him up
you can feel the scrotum and see if there are actually any testes in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
I felt them and I think they feel empty, its hard to know as I dont have another cat to compare to, They are very squishy and i poked them and the skin just goes in, so I am guessing that his paper work is correct,

Thanks, I was worried for a moment

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If in doubt - next time he's at the vet ask them to double check. But if they don't feel hard with obvious testicles in there, he's neutered

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver's fixed and still has his balls! haha, he even fooled a new vet at first.... and he's always happy to show them off to anyone who's around, lol... he loves to walk around with his tail in the air and if he's like walking across the desk past your face, he'll stop right with his bum at your nose... I tell him "yeah, I see them but they don't do anything anymore and I rule the roost - contrary to your belief!" haha I kinda like that they're still "there", kinda like he can still say he's a man

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pooch had really big ones too, and they jiggled whenever he was moving around the house. Even after he was neutered, the sack was still there and it looks like he has little ones now.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, Horatio is neutered and he has balls too. I thought it was odd until I asked my vet about it, as a friend of mine has a male and he is neutered & has nothing visable in the back & Horatio certianly has 2 quite visable cajones... he assured me that my kitty was indeed neutered. LOL!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

lol, Horatio is neutered and he has balls too. I thought it was odd until I asked my vet about it, as a friend of mine has a male and he is neutered & has nothing visable in the back & Horatio certianly has 2 quite visable cajones... he assured me that my kitty was indeed neutered. LOL!
Yeah, I've seen fixed males with and without the remaining "equipment"... if I had the choice, I'd request the remnents be left, hehehe - they don't seem to be quite as pathetic looking (ie: "how could you do this to meeeeeeeeeeeee?!") if they at least think they've still got them

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, yeah I've seen that somewhere else before... I don't think I'd go that far, but I guess their arguement of helping self esteem and lessening the trauma backs up my idea that leaving the remaining parts after the fixing helps them to still feel like big bad boy cats, hehe

Also removes the need for the "Is it a boy or a girl?" question from people first meeting the pet, hahahaha