Abnormal?

kanelopie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted in here about a week ago about my pregnant cat, her name is Rika. She had blood coming out of her vagina that looked much like the blood seen when a human is mensturating. I thought she might be going into labor soon but she hasn't and it's been about a week. She was bleeding again a couple of days ago, also. She doesn't show any other signs of labor other than purring a lot, cleaning herself a lot, and being more affectionate than normal. I called the vet and they told me it was normal, but I just have this weird feeling. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How much longer do you think it will be before she goes into labor?

So confused!

~Alicia

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated! I'm freaking out!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's great that you've been in contact with a vet and if you're truly concerned, a trip to get checked out certainly won't hurt!

My Lily didn't have any spotting beforehand, but I've read that other people on here have cats who did spot during pregnancy.

I'm sure they'll be along to better answer this, but if you're really concerned, take her in to get looked at.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kanelopie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to bring her in but the vets told me she's fine and not to worry, they are usually eager to get money
, so I don't think I should be worried but I read on the internet they aren't supposed to bleed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kanelopie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone know if this is normal???!!! How long til labor sets in? It's already been a week...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kanelopie

I posted in here about a week ago about my pregnant cat, her name is Rika. She had blood coming out of her vagina that looked much like the blood seen when a human is mensturating. I thought she might be going into labor soon but she hasn't and it's been about a week. She was bleeding again a couple of days ago, also. She doesn't show any other signs of labor other than purring a lot, cleaning herself a lot, and being more affectionate than normal. I called the vet and they told me it was normal, but I just have this weird feeling. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How much longer do you think it will be before she goes into labor?

So confused!

~Alicia

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated! I'm freaking out!
All cats here are always spayed/neutered before they have a chance to give birth, as we love all cats and do not want to contribute to the senseless and totally avoidable overpopulation tragedy. But having said that, if I were in your situation, I would call another vet and get at least one more opinion; and if you have a feeling about her, trust your intuition and get her looked at.

Hope this helps!