I was *this* close to getting some Tim Tams...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the last package, and as I was picking them up I heard a sigh with a distinct Australian accent behind it. As I turned around to look a frazzled looking woman who was about my age looked like she was going to burst into tears. I looked at her and said: "Oh, I'm sorry."

She said, "I miss them so much! Someone told me they sold them here, and I just wanted to grab a pack and nosh on them all night."

Me, "Here. I don't need them, and besides you really look like you could use them more that I do."

I think I made her day.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that ws so nice of you Heather! what exactly does a sigh with an Australian accent sound like though?
I suppose those are at Whole Foods too
(with an American accent
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

that ws so nice of you Heather! what exactly does a sigh with an Australian accent sound like though?
I suppose those are at Whole Foods too
(with an American accent
)
Nope, World Market! I do have to say they are a very popular item and are currently sold out.

I think it has to do with the rash of Australians running around.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

what are they?
They're a people from a country slightly northwest of NZ. And their sigh is very distinct you couldn't miss it, its so irritating ;rofl:

Nah Tim Tams are like biscuit, chocolate or caramel filling with another biscuit smothered in milk chocolate. A bit over rated IMO, but they seem to be popular. I can get them in a specialty store her in Japan so.....

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can buy them online here...

That was very nice of you to give them up, Heather.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That WAS very nice of you!! When you're having a bad day, there's nothing like a taste of home to make things better, and I'm sure she REALLY appreciated it!

Originally Posted by DIEGO

They're a people from a country slightly northwest of NZ. And their sigh is very distinct you couldn't miss it, its so irritating

Oh and Diego - say six!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing better than a good Tim Tam when you feel like home

That was very nice of you Heather - Just remember that Karma will come back to you someday when you need it