how exactly do I wrap her in a towel?

sweetkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Abigail won't let me get close enough to her paws to even think about trimming her claws, but they're really getting out of control. I can hear them clicking on the floor as she walks around downstairs, and they rip up the carpet as she's running around upstairs.

I keep seeing people say they wrap their kitty in a towel, but how? I can't imagine Abigail staying still around me long enough to allow this. Can someone provide some detailed instructions?

Thank you!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Use a big bath towel and drop it down around her. Then grab her around the middle through the towel, pick her up, and wrap the ends underneath. It helps if you can initially get her into one side of the towel, so you can wrap the other end up and over.

There are specific "kitty bags" for that purpose; they have room for a cat and little hatches that can be unzipped to let a paw out.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a large bath towel, put her in the middle (her back) and hold her in your arms/lap. Wrap the towel around her tummy and head and feet. The take one foot out at a time. Keep the towel tight so she can't wiggle out.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way, WAY easier said than done. Try it with a non-cooperative Bengal.

Good luck, let me know if you succeed!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you know how to swaddle a baby>?? that is how I do it ... but for nails I go and spend 5 $ at the groomer

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Maybe you need two people
Originally Posted by sharky

Do you know how to swaddle a baby>?? that is how I do it ... but for nails I go and spend 5 $ at the groomer
LOL - I don't mean to hijack, but I can swaddle a baby so tightly it will forget it has limbs (that is, if it was conscious that it has limbs to begin with.)

But alone, there is no way I can get Penny OR Ferris wrapped in a towel. Yup, grooming at the vet's it is.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Use a big bath towel and drop it down around her. Then grab her around the middle through the towel, pick her up, and wrap the ends underneath.
That is EXACTLY what I do....haha thought it was my own way...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still skeptical, but I'll give it a try! Wish me luck!

In case I give up and decide I need a groomer, how does one go about finding one? Whenever I've looked online in the local yellow pages it looks like all of them only do dog grooming.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine groomer has one groomer who will groom a cat but all with cut a cats nails ... Zoey actually like s to go and see the dogs in day care:_)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mine groomer has one groomer who will groom a cat but all with cut a cats nails
I'm sorry, but HUH?

That sentence makes no sense to me grammatically...what exactly are you saying here, please clarify? Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm sorry, but HUH?

That sentence makes no sense to me grammatically...what exactly are you saying here, please clarify? Thanks!
Hey I never claimed I passed English

I go to a multiple groomers grooming salon... ONLY ONE groomer is a "cat groomer" ie will shave or bathe a cat but all of the groomers clip cat, dog and even bird nails... the owner also does doggy daycare, Zoey loves dogs and enjoys her time there

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I go to a multiple groomers grooming salon... ONLY ONE groomer is a "cat groomer" ie will shave or bathe a cat but all of the groomers clip cat, dog and even bird nails... the owner also does doggy daycare, Zoey loves dogs and enjoys her time there
Ah, thank you, that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ah, thank you, that helps.
Hee hee! I didn't get it either. Thank you! I'll check in with the dog grooming places near me.

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That makes a lot more sense to me too
. I am not confident in my own ability to hold Tsar down and listen to him cry (he has to most heartbreaking cry, like a toddler), while I clip his nails. I've been thinking about a groomer, but all the groomers I have seen are for dogs too. Thanks!