My Kids - Yep... they are Quadruplets ;)

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Per cococat Request... here they are, my kids. Count them... 1, 2, 3 & 4. I have Quadruplets. I was the ripe ol' age of 25 years old when I found out that I had Quads on the way
They were born on Halloween of 2003, they were born at 33 weeks gestation and were all home by 2 weeks of age. They will be 4 years old this year! Where does the time go!

Here are a few photos.

I breed cornsnakes, too

Me with Devlin & Zoe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll post more

Cause I'm a PROUD MOMMA!

Zoe (first born)

Simon (2nd born)

Devlin (3rd born)

Matthew (4th born)

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're very cute. I'll bet the first day of school is going to be very very tough for you.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
& for shock value... here is when they were iddy biddy

sorry for the bad photo (its an old scan with a bad scanner from a bad camera... didnt have a digi cam then)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my!! You have got an adorable bunch there!!!

I dont know how you manage,lol...

BTW, very pretty snake too!!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Wow too cute! You must have your hands full! Seriously how do you manage!
LOL! Luckily I don't know any different. I don't know what it is like to have any less than 4 children

Really I don't find it all that hard. Sure there are hard days... but they are really GOOD kids overall.
Key is just to stay organized, keep them busy, do nice projects, keep them stimulated & occupied. NOW however, they really just play with eachother, other than craft time & when I home preschool them (I can't afford preschool, so I'll be home preschooling them until Kindergarten... which is fine... these guys know more than what preschool would be teaching them anyway... they are well into Kindergarten Books that I'm using already and they are 3 going on 4 in 3 months... & in Illinois they can't go to Kindergarten until they are 5 years old... SO next year even they will be 4 turning 5 in oct, so they cant go, so it will be 1 more year, they will be well onto reading books if not chaper books if I figure it by the time they hit Kindergarten with the way I am teaching them
)

Anyway... right now... they are all playing... 2 are upstairs, 2 are here in the playroom... me... I'm here on the laptop... LOL!... its not getting "easier" as they get older, but certianly not as hard on me physically

Originally Posted by Leli

They're very cute. I'll bet the first day of school is going to be very very tough for you.
LOL! I SAY that I'll be fine... we'll see
2 years to go.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, how did you manage to choose FOUR names, we had enough trouble choosing one name

They are really cute, happy looking kids, looks like you've done an awesome job!

I bet Zoe is a bit of a tomboy with all those brothers!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only four?
Just kidding

They are so cute! They look so happy in all the pictures. My favorite has to be the biker gang one. I think it's just so cute and funny that Zoe has a pink bike. So much work! No wonder you are in such good shape.

If you don't mind me asking some questions, cause I'm terribly curious:

Is it easier now than it was when they were infants?
Did you take care of them all by yourself, or did you have help?
How crazy are birthday parties at your house?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you are amazing!! They look like great kids

I have a question too: was this a natural quad?

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, how did you manage to choose FOUR names, we had enough trouble choosing one name

They are really cute, happy looking kids, looks like you've done an awesome job!

I bet Zoe is a bit of a tomboy with all those brothers!
4 Names was EASY... I already Had the names Zoe & Matthew picked out as names I'd like to use if I had a baby (be it a boy or girl that I had)... then my husband had to pick a name, he just had to pick 2... Actually we had 1 more girl name, Raven Elizabeth that we didn't get to use that we had on reserve just in case the ultrasounds were wrong, we knew early on all the genders.

LOL! Yea, she doesn't like to play with her dolls... but her brothers like to brush her dolls hair... LOL! We have Rescue Hero's (a fisher price action figure type toy) she doesn't play with the "hero's" but she plays with the Animal Hero's... so she is clearly different
I'm hoping that means she'll be a veternarian... that would be THRILLING! That was MY dream from the 1st grade when I learned the word from a boy named Duane who wanted to be one. LOL! The only toys she plays with is Animals.

Also... she IS the BOSS of them all... IF they were wolves... she'd be the alpha female... lol

Originally Posted by cata_mint

Wow! How did you sleep for the first 2 years? My cousins are twins and they're enough of a handful as it is!
Actually they started sleeping through the night at 5-6 months or so... actually I have no idea when they started sleeping through the night
My husband is WONDERFUL. He does work a fulltime job, BUT he figures that he "gets" to go to work and leave the house, *I* do not & caring for these 4 is a MUCH harder job than anything that he does outside of the home & that I NEED my rest, therefor, whenever they would wake up in the night, HE would get up and take care of them.
(he came up with that, not me... boy do I know how to pick em')

Get ready for this ladies... HE does all the Grocery Shopping too.

Originally Posted by cata_mint

Wow! How did you sleep for the first 2 years? My cousins are twins and they're enough of a handful as it is!
Actually these guys are really good sleepers. Key is a good routine, Bath, bedtime story, bed, they are out like a light.

Originally Posted by Cairo

Only four?
Just kidding

They are so cute! They look so happy in all the pictures. My favorite has to be the biker gang one. I think it's just so cute and funny that Zoe has a pink bike. So much work! No wonder you are in such good shape.

If you don't mind me asking some questions, cause I'm terribly curious:

Is it easier now than it was when they were infants?
Did you take care of them all by yourself, or did you have help?
How crazy are birthday parties at your house?
Thank you

& Actually I'm only in such great "shape" now LOL because I recenly lost 40lbs in the last 4 months after being diagnosed with Epelipsy
After having 3 grand maul seizures one right after the other, there was damage to the part of my brain that stimulates hunger (your hungry switch) that never turns on. I NEVER feel hungry. I can ACCIDENTALLY go all day without eating. Infact I have to set a timer to remind myself to feed the kids... not from neglect... just because when you don't feel hunger yourself... you just dont THINK about it... it's even come to where food smells and thoughts repulse me... it was cool at first
but now really its become riduclous and knowing things I used to enjoy... I dont anymore... makes me sad. I am getting better... I can eat a little bit at a time... like last night like I shared in the poll thread... I actually ate a small bit of Ice Cream... I hadn't had anything like that in MONTHS... but it was so sweet... I skimmed the top then put it away. But it was nice none the less. & I get full very fast. Blah.
Anyway. Sorry about the rant.

Yes, it is WAY easier now than when they were infants... I JOKE about how I wouldn't wish Quadruplets on my worst enemy. And when I say that I think about that first year. The first year is a year of looking like a Zombie. When they come home from the hospital they are eating every 4 hours,At the beginning I could only feed them 1 at a time so it would take 2-2.5 hours to feed them all I could feed them 2 by 2 by laying them on my legs and holding the bottles it took less... one on each shoulder to burp... then if one spit up... *sigh*
I would line them all up in boppy pillows to entertain them all, I would line up bouncy seats and entertwine then as such so that when I bouned 1, all 4 of them would bouce.

For the first 2 months it was easiest for me and them to just live in the livingroom, they were tiny so they just slept lined up on the loveseat, I slept on the recliner for the 2 hours in between feedings...

NOW is SO much easier... sure they still have their challenges, now they talk back, they have tantrums. But now they can tell me their needs, now they use the potty on their own, now they feed themselves, now they CAN entertain themselves and all that, in those respects it is SO much easier. They can follow direction & can listen to mommy ( not that they always do ) but they can & it is easy for me to take them places on my own etc.

YES, I did it all on my own. I did it all with no nannies, no daytime help, etc etc. Even when they were first born, I had no help, as it was during the height of RSV season (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) a deadly virus to preemies, so I had to keep all infection away from my kids, people that were in contact with those that go to schools, work places etc, my husband would come home and go straight to the shower & we had & still have a big thing of hand sanitizer inside our door when you walk in.

Well.. this will be our 4th birthday party & they seem to be getting larger and larger each year! LOL! last year being the largest... & our house was busting at the seams with people... I think this year we'll have to either do it outdoors or rent out a place.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UR a saint!!!! 4 children at one time.. Sainthood should have been bestowed on you!!! LOL..

Beautiful children.. I'm freaking out about my one child going to Kindergarten,, I can't imagine four at one time!!! Good luck,,

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

My husband is WONDERFUL. He does work a fulltime job, BUT he figures that he "gets" to go to work and leave the house, *I* do not & caring for these 4 is a MUCH harder job than anything that he does outside of the home & that I NEED my rest, therefor, whenever they would wake up in the night, HE would get up and take care of them.
(he came up with that, not me... boy do I know how to pick em')

Get ready for this ladies... HE does all the Grocery Shopping too.
Wow! Lucky woman!

aphrodite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for sharing! They are adorable and I love how positive you sound overall. I have 1 and she's more than I can handle as is, can't imagine 4 at once!