Why Does Everyone Feel the Need to Spoil Harry Potter For Me!!!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going crazy!!!!!!!! I have to go out of my way to try and keep people from spoiling the last Harry Potter book. It's like I need to lock myself away in my room and read until the book is over. I don't have time for that!!!!!

Anyone else having this problem?

Also, why do people who don't even read the book go out looking for what happeneds in the end? They didn't even put the time and effort into reading the book and they spoil it for those of us that spend 40 hours reading that thing!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends know better than to spoil the ending for me, although I did get constant messages from people telling me to hurry up and finish reading so they could talk about it

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was lucky and no one spoiled it for me, but then again - i read it in two days.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighboor read it in 8 hours. She got at the midnight release & in the AM reading insued, I must say, I've read the first 2... & I'm trying to catch up... LOL! Being a mom to quads makes for NO time to read

I would be REALLY irritated if anyone gave away the last book to me... obviously I know what goes on in the some of the other books... having seen the movies

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

My neighboor read it in 8 hours. She got at the midnight release & in the AM reading insued, I must say, I've read the first 2... & I'm trying to catch up... LOL! Being a mom to quads makes for NO time to read

I would be REALLY irritated if anyone gave away the last book to me... obviously I know what goes on in the some of the other books... having seen the movies
I finished it in a few hours, but then again, I don't have children yet and I stayed up late at night since that is the most peaceful time in the household.
Will you post pictures of your quads? Bet they are adorable. I can't imagine you would have time for much of anything as far as reading goes. You might want to do audio.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend made sure she read it in a couple of days because she knew she'd hear what happend somewhere down the line.

But how bad is this. My friends daughter who teaches 7 year olds said the headmistress actually read the last chapter out in assembly on the last day of school before the holidays, and most of the kids had their hands over their ears.

The teachers were furious!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I finished it in a few hours, but then again, I don't have children yet and I stayed up late at night since that is the most peaceful time in the household.
Will you post pictures of your quads? Bet they are adorable. I can't imagine you would have time for much of anything as far as reading goes. You might want to do audio.
Sure I posted one in my first posting I belive where I introduced myself, I'll start a thread tho

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got the book yesterday and my aunt started telling me stuff and I was like nooo. I am only half way done the first book because I just decided to read them and I went out and bought all but the last one and I got the last one for my birthday. Nobody has actually told me what happens though.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

But how bad is this. My friends daughter who teaches 7 year olds said the headmistress actually read the last chapter out in assembly on the last day of school before the holidays, and most of the kids had their hands over their ears.

The teachers were furious!
I bet they were! I would have been so upset if I were one of those kids!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky the same way.. I've been such an advid fan, that I get the book the night comes out and I'm done with it in 2 days..

The best thing to do is like when someone watched a popular tv show that you tivo'd the nightbefore.. They start talking about it,, stick your fingers in your ear and humm,, that way they get the clear pics that you dont' wanna know!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

I bet they were! I would have been so upset if I were one of those kids!
That was just wrong for a headmistress to do that!! WRong I say.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I'm going crazy!!!!!!!! I have to go out of my way to try and keep people from spoiling the last Harry Potter book. It's like I need to lock myself away in my room and read until the book is over. I don't have time for that!!!!!

Anyone else having this problem?

Also, why do people who don't even read the book go out looking for what happeneds in the end? They didn't even put the time and effort into reading the book and they spoil it for those of us that spend 40 hours reading that thing!
My mum did the same thing. My dad wants to wait till the book is cheaper and in paperback, so he let mum tell him who dies. I said i dont want to know, i'm up to about 350 pages and whats the point in buying it if someone is going to tell me the ending??