An amazing couple

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We adopted a kitten this weekend to an amazing couple.

Many years ago they rescued 13 strays and brought them into their home and gave them an amazing life. Of those 13, only 3 are left, ages 12, 15 and 16. One of the cats they recently lost was Smokey. You can read about his amazing story here http://www.felinecrf.com/tributes/gall11.htm (I am not sure if Buffalo is still with them, but will find out next time I talk to them)

They are such great people and Smokey has such a touching story, I just wanted to share it with you.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I`m so glad that this couple was in a financial position to be able to do this for Smokey....and they were doubled blessed back by saving his life at that time and getting Buffalo, the donatee as a new friend for all of them. I hope that Buffalo is still living with them and healthy.
I just love people who love cats!!!
Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may adopt another kitten in a month or so, once the first one settles in with the resident cats. I think they are lonely, being used to 13 cats and now down to only 3, well 4 now with the kitten!

They were such wonderful people. I wouldn't hesitate to let them adopt any cat we have. The kitten they took home looks just like their Smokey (RIP).

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is an amazing story, it's so good the kitties share such a close bond!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've wondered why kidney transplants could not be done for cats -- but I guess it's just a matter of the cost! I've never seriously considered pet insurance, but if it would cover that, I'd invest in it.

I'm so glad Smokey and Buffalo had lives so full of love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I've wondered why kidney transplants could not be done for cats -- but I guess it's just a matter of the cost! I've never seriously considered pet insurance, but if it would cover that, I'd invest in it.

I'm so glad Smokey and Buffalo had lives so full of love.
Until I met this couple, I had no idea transplants could be done for cats either. According to some articles I read, they actually take to it pretty well, much much better than dogs.