Waiting to hear back from a doctor

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this morning I called the doctor that my husband was told about. Big waste of time there. I called and even though I told her all I had done, where I have been to look for help and how long this has been going on with no relief from meds she told me they couldn't get me in for 3 months. I was pretty ticked and did not want to even talk to the doctor about the issue and to please just work me in. I just hung up.

So I called a different doctor. Explain everything and that I had been to that community center that won't see me again, went to the ER and am on Provera that is not working and how long this has been going on. She said she was going to talk to the finical dept and see what they can work out payment wise so they can get me in as soon as possible. Thats been about an hour ago. I am about to call them back because my tummy is starting to feel crampy.

Wish me luck.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m sure you must be feeling frustrated.
I hope you get in sooooon and get the problem resolved quickly!
Linda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I called them back. I was able to get in on Thursday but it ain't gonna be cheap. When my little one leaves for school here soon I am gonna go into town and fill an app out for a program I heard about.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget to try that ACS number... they really may be able to help. And y'know, one of their two national headquarters is in Atlanta -- so I would suspect there are tremendous resources available there, possibly including a place to stay if you need it...

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did go in and sign up for a program here in my town, well its a state thing. I should here back from them within 4wks on a yes or no for help through them. This doctor sounds like they will work with me. As soon as the recp. heard how long I have been bleeding and the steps I have taken to correct the problem they got on the ball to get me in asap. I don't know how much this appt will cost me total. They said as little as 97 as much as 300. And for me to bring at least 150 and we will work out the rest. So at least its a start.

Yeah I still need to call them Carol. Do you have that number on hand.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad to hear that this new doctor is on the ball and willing to work with you!

Remember too, it's your health and possibly your life. Even if a doctor can put a price on something like that, still it's worth every penny to continue living healthy right? at least that's IMO.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes thursday at 1:30pm

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I'm glad to hear that this doctor is willing to try and work with you, and take you in sooner than 3 months! Good luck!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOw, but Thursday you will have been bleeding for how long now!? This seems ridiculous that you have to wait this long!!

I wish you luck!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24 days today. Thursday is better than what the cheaper doctor my hubby told me about said. I called them and told them I had been bleeding for 24 days, went to a free clinic in Sav. that won't see me again, was taking Provera that was not stopping the bleeding, went to ER because of the pain and bleeding, told them the ER told me to get an ultrasound within 1-2 weeks because they believe I have a fibroid causing the bleeding.....................Wanna know what that office said? They couldn't ot wouldn't get me in for 8-12weeks. End of story as far as they were concerned. So I am glad this doctor can get me in thursday.

Right now I am about to go to bed...I have a headache and I am tired.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
It's so hard today without insurance but this shouldn't give the Doctors or the hospital the right to turn anyone away It's so sad how hard you have to work to get yourself some help. Personally I think some doc's won't even see you without medical, but can't say that because it is a form of discrimination NO one should be turned away.
Glad that this doc's office has compassion and willing to work with you . I hope you like him/her and find out what is wrong and take care of this . Happy to hear you went to apply for medical help good for you.... anything to help you along. With all the bleeding I'm surprised the ER didn't keep you your count must be so low by now .
If you haven't done this yet think about writing all that has been happened with your health plus any phone calls or anything you can think of in a journal you might have to ref: back.....

Try to eat food that will help with your iron and take a multi vitamin also get some rest......Ok the mom in me is coming out

Will be waiting to hear about your appt,

Good Luck Sweetie

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say one thing before I head to bed. I don't want anyone to think I am trying to get free medical care through the state. The program I filled an app out for today was for low cost medical covering. I will still have to pay doctors and such but it will be on a sliding pay scale if I get accepted. Something also tells me that this program is more for people with medical issues but do not have a lot of money to seek treatment. I say this because it asked on there if you are having any medical issues which I am.

Yes even through all this I am still eating good. I eat at least 3 good sources of meat protein a day. Plus veggies and whole grains. I think when they did my iron on Friday I think my levels may have been within normal levels but on the low side of normal. I say this because of the fact when they tried to draw blood they either blew a vein or collapsed a vein and that has never ever happened before. They ended up having to take the blood from the top of my hand using a syringe. Plus in my arm and in my hand was the worst pain I ever felt while getting blood drawn. Good thing was they gave me a pain shot right afterwards.

Anyways I think I rambled and I need to get to bed. My head still hurts and I am tired and I have to be up before 6am, in the morning. Night everyone.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why on earth would you be afraid that you would be judged negatively for applying for free health care?

Needing healthcare coverage and not having enough money to pay for it does NOT make you a bad person, nor does asking for free care, unless you are rich and just don't want to pay for it.

When it comes to taking care of your own health, pride should NEVER stand in the way.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Why on earth would you be afraid that you would be judged negatively for applying for free health care?

Needing healthcare coverage and not having enough money to pay for it does NOT make you a bad person, nor does asking for free care, unless you are rich and just don't want to pay for it.

When it comes to taking care of your own health, pride should NEVER stand in the way.
Health comes first. I am lucky - where I live it is pretty much all covered. I can go to the doctor for a sniffle if I want and not have to worry about paying for it. I wish that all countries did this so that people can worry about their health and not worry about paying for their health care!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Health comes first. I am lucky - where I live it is pretty much all covered. I can go to the doctor for a sniffle if I want and not have to worry about paying for it. I wish that all countries did this so that people can worry about their health and not worry about paying for their health care!
I agree. I wish I could go to the doctors without having to worry about how much it's going to cost me since some of my conditions aren't covered on our insurance and our insurance costs over $1000 every three months. I mean comeon, you should cover everything no matter what for that kind of money. sheesh! It's not like we are rich by any means, we work 40+ hours a week just to get by.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow Ping. I'm glad there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel.
( I was thinking of you while I was on my mini vacation.)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted much but have been following your medical saga and all I can say is Thank God you found an office understanding enough to help you! I'm not even going to get into my views on health care in this country, but hopefully this doctor can figure out what is wrong and fix it. There is no reason you should have had to go through all that and be miserable that long.

Take care of yourself and many good vibes going out to you. Let us know how it goes.