Who do you resemble?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently I look/sound like Janis Joplin.
A while ago I recorded myself "singing" cat haikus which strongly featured the word "butt". My brother got a hold of the songs, laughed, and said I sounded like Janis Joplin. Cool. At least I don't act like her.

Anyway what famous person have you been told you resembled?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a fun topic.

I've been told I resemble Marissa Tomei on several occasions by different people.

I see it in my mannerisms I guess.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told i looked like Kate Winslet (althought i highly doubt it, as she is very beautiful) when i posted a picture on another forum, had my hair done and makeup. Although i don't think i look like anyone famous, i was flattered as i admire her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently posted a picture in one of my graphic groups and was told by someone that I look like "Deanna Durban"

So far as who I sound like when I'm singing? It depends on what song I'm singing. I've been told I sound like "Annie Lennox", at other times I've been told I sound like "Anne Murray", and at other times I've been told I sound like "Enya" or "Alannah Myles"

I've taped myself singing along to various songs, and personally I don't think I can sing, at least if I heard me on the radio I'd turn to another station.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother-in-law says I look and act like "Judging Amy`s" mother. I can see it a bit (looks) but more in her personality.
She`s prettier though....but I`m sweeter!!!!

Linda

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been told I look like Alyson Hannigan from Buffy (Willow) and the American Pie Movies.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger people told me all the time that I looked like Christina Ricci. I even had a little girl come up to me and ask if I was her. LOL

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been told since I was 5 that I look like the little girl from Problem Child 2... Trixie... hence my nickname. I have also been told that I look like 2 different soap stars, yet I cant remember their names???

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I was told i looked like Kate Winslet (althought i highly doubt it, as she is very beautiful) when i posted a picture on another forum, had my hair done and makeup.
Pictures on another forum? Hey, what about us? We want to see you too!

Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Apparently, I look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I'm not as big as him but my facial features are similar to his. And I can do a perfect impersonation of him.
What a shock! I thought you were a girl!

Originally Posted by moonlights mom

Someone told me I look like Dorothy, from the Wizard Of Oz. Ugh.. I don't think so.
But Dorothy was beautiful! That's a lovely compliment!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger and slimmer, I looked a little bit like Diana Rigg from "The Avengers," and boy did I love that!
She was my heroine from age 10 to 13 or so. (And I still have a huge crush on Patrick MacNee!)

Moz, you lucky girl, I sure wish I could sing like Janis Joplin! I can come a lot closer to it now than when I was younger, though... scar tissue from pneumonia gave me some of the same effect she got from Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker.

I can also do a pretty good Carly Simon... and one of the speaking voices I used to do when I was in radio was Kathleen Turner. Now there's a voice that'll get you anything you want on the phone! Unfortunately, I don't have the wherewithal to follow it up in person...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a previous thread (on this site) I was told I look like: "You look like Samantha on General Hospital" (wasnt sure who it was and I googled her)... i disagree but hey I will take it:

Here is the pic I had posted of myself at the time:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...829701_0_1.jpg

Here is the pic of Samantha from general hospital (Kelly Monaco):
http://kelly-monaco.net/gallery/albu...unknown/09.jpg (I disagree but it was a nice compliment)

and here is little trixie lol from Problem Child, who I have always been compared to... The nickname is stuck for life:

http://www.starletsdatabase.com/pict...ann_schwan.jpg

Im looking for a pic of trixie grown up... Ill post if I find it!

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

On a previous thread (on this site) I was told I look like: "You look like Samantha on General Hospital" (wasnt sure who it was and I googled her)... i disagree but hey I will take it:

Here is the pic I had posted of myself at the time:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...829701_0_1.jpg

Here is the pic of Samantha from general hospital (Kelly Monaco):
http://kelly-monaco.net/gallery/albu...unknown/09.jpg (I disagree but it was a nice compliment)

and here is little trixie lol from Problem Child, who I have always been compared to... The nickname is stuck for life:

http://www.starletsdatabase.com/pict...ann_schwan.jpg

Im looking for a pic of trixie grown up... Ill post if I find it!
Wow, you do look a lot like her!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Melissa Gilbert

I used to hear it ALL the time when I was a kid (and Little House on the Prarie was on the air). I don't hear it much anymore, but I've got a few pounds on Melissa these days.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been told by a few people I look like Linda Hamilton ( the chick from the Terminator movies and Dante's Peak).