odd stray question

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a cat that is mine, her and her siblings were born to a cat I had, a few weeks ago she disapeared then reappeared a few days ago in the yard of the neighbor behind me, I guess she decided she liked being there, and the people don't mind, she has all her shots and is spayed, should I try to get her to come back or should I leave her where she seems to want to be?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is yours yes I would try to get her back.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KariCassie

I have a cat that is mine, her and her siblings were born to a cat I had, a few weeks ago she disapeared then reappeared a few days ago in the yard of the neighbor behind me, I guess she decided she liked being there, and the people don't mind, she has all her shots and is spayed, should I try to get her to come back or should I leave her where she seems to want to be?
Was she an outdoor cat before or did she simply not come inside one day?? If she was an indoor/outdoor cat and is now an outdoor only cat...I would suggest you get her back and try to keep her inside.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she was an indoor/outdoor cat, I have seen her in our yard a few times and have brought her in but I feel so bad trapping her in the house, she seems so sad, I know she is my cat but is'nt it selfish to make her be where I want her to be instead of where she wants to be?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must consider a few things:
1) How safe is she outdoors? (Dogs, neighbors not liking her, cars, etc)
2) Are your neighbors, all of them, really OK with a cat pooping in their yard, etc?
3) What do you plan for protection this winter from the cold? (My farm cats are either in the garage or else in the heated shop)

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt call her a stray
she is your cat,she was born from one of your own cats and you had her spayed and vaccs so shes your responsibility.
some cats do wander and explore,and sometimes go awol for days at a time when left to their own devices
if their not happy at home they will look for somewhere else to live.If you want to keep her you should make your garden more desirable than your neighbours
leave some long grass growing in your garden cats love that and will bask there all day just waiting for a moth to happen by