Bubble Tea Anyone???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if there were any bubble tea fans out there???? We have a yummy little Asian restruant near us that serves the best bubble tea! (it's like a fruity drink and you can get little tapioca balls in them- they're chewy- it's awesome!). For those of you who love the stuff, what's your favorite flavor???? For me it's eithor peach or coconut!!!!

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE IT!!!!! In California and a few other places there are a lot of small shop thingies called Lollicup that sell those (I might be spelling it wrong) They have a whole bunch of crazy flavors and types you can get there. And you can also get food stuffs like fried tofu
*drool* I haven't had it since I left AZ, makes me sad

My favorite flavor is probably the pina colada one, but my dad got this chocolate one before and it was soooo gooooooooooooooooooooood I want boba now ;_;

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've never heard of it until you mentioned it. I did a google search and saw some pictures and it doesn't look very appetizing to me. Plus I'm not a fan of tapioca because its texture feels slimy.

http://www.bubbletea.ca/bbt_products/flavors.html

Here is a link you can order it from.
yeah your link is right- that's what it looks like
it is soooooooo good though! you should try it sometime! You can order it without tapioca too at most places!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never even heard of it - sounds interesting. Is it made from a fruity tea? or is this an alcoholic drink?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive never heard of it...Id try it though!! I live in the middle of nowhere and our nearest shopping mall is about 2 hours from here...We have a walmart a petstore and a small cinema that plays 3 movies

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nikki - you would fit right in here in Christchurch then.

There are many bubble tea outlets here, (as well as some Lush shops).

It doesn't look too appetising to me. The thought of stuff at the bottom of my drink doesn't appeal to me.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love bubble tea! Love the tapioca! Love it as plain tea, or mixed half-and-half with lemonade, or with strawberry... it's just terrific stuff!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by extinctosaurus

Yeah, my friends think the boba is weird so they always order it without
A travesty!!
that's a shame! I can't get Colin to get his with it eithor
I love the stuff though!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I have never even heard of it - sounds interesting. Is it made from a fruity tea? or is this an alcoholic drink?
There are all sorts of flavors. It's non-alcoholic, so everyone can enjoy it!

Originally Posted by Brandi

Ive never heard of it...Id try it though!! I live in the middle of nowhere and our nearest shopping mall is about 2 hours from here...We have a walmart a petstore and a small cinema that plays 3 movies
The bubble tea places seem to be poping up everywhere nowdays (kinda like Starbucks). I'm sure ya'll will have one eventually. They're great!

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I have never had it but I would love to try it!
It's awesome!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Nikki - you would fit right in here in Christchurch then.

There are many bubble tea outlets here, (as well as some Lush shops).

It doesn't look too appetising to me. The thought of stuff at the bottom of my drink doesn't appeal to me.
I think I need to come visit!!!!
Between the bubble tea and the Lush shops i'd be right at home
(and broke!!!)

Originally Posted by white cat lover

It doesn't appeal to me either, but I'd still like to try it once!
You have to try it before you decide you don't like it Natalie! You can get it without the tapioca too!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Love bubble tea! Love the tapioca! Love it as plain tea, or mixed half-and-half with lemonade, or with strawberry... it's just terrific stuff!
I love the tapioca too!!! It's soo chewy and good!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I've never had it, but it sure sounds good!
It's really good! You should try it sometime!

Originally Posted by Samantha1979

Alright, now I'm curious. I have never heard of it. What restaurant are you getting it from? I am working in that area now, so I might just have to try it!
I get it from Chang's Bubble Tea Cafe. It's on Macon Road in Cordova. Do you know where the big Malaco is near the walgreens and Abners??? If you're comming down Germantown Parkway, you make a left on Macon. The bubble tea place is in the little strip mall near Sheradins! Try it sometime- it's sooo good!!! Their chicken Lo Mein is amazing too!!!!!!!

The Siagon II (vietnamese noodle bar) off of Stage road and Bartlett Blvd. In Bartlett has it as well (near that bbq resturant). It's good there too. If you go there though, you HAVE to get Pho Ti or one of the chicken hot pots

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I've never heard of it! I'm sure we have an asian store around here somewhere that sells it though. What is tapioca again? I don't think I like that.
it's a chewy little ball shaped food they add to the bottom of the drink. (haha probably not the best description
feel free to elaborate anyone!) i'm not sure really what it is..but it's yummy!!!!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Bubble Tea! I usually get strawberry, though, but I want to try more flavors. I refuse to get the tapioca. I've never tried it, but I'm very sensitive to the texture of foods. When my roommate told me about Bubble Tea and the tapioca, I told her about my texture thing, she recommended I get it without. I can't even eat Jell-O.

Tricia

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i absolutely ADORE bubble tea..or "boba"...i luv the taro flavor and sesame seed is good as well

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I don't know about you guys, but whenever I get one of the balls in my mouth I imagine it's like a mini eyeball. I don't know why but I do it every single time :x Then I get a bunch in my mouth and I'm like "five eyeballs!!! *munch munch*"

They are very squishy and chewy, but the only thing I don't like about them is that they sometimes stick to my teeth

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
cantalope and green tea here///

no tapicoa balls