Very tempted to take home another kitty cat.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her name is Layla. And she's been at our shelter for several months now. I am absolutely in love with this kitty. She is an adult dmh with gorgeous black fur and white marks on her (tuxedo). She came into the shelter preggers and had two little kittens. Layla has been sick off and on since she's been there - every time we move her up front to adopt her out, it seems like she gets sick again and has to go back into isolation. Same thing with her kittens. They are all three back in isolation now but the kittens are seperate from the momma. The kittens look good and will likely be moved up again and placed for adoption soon. Layla looks good as well but i'm scared once she gets moved around again she'll stress out and get worse and be stuck back in isolation. I am seriously considering taking her home and putting her in one of the guest bedrooms (seperate from my other animals- but out of a shelter where she can be socialized and have a chance to be even more adoptable.) I can not keep her, i'm not planning to, but i would however LOVE to foster her for a bit and get her out of the shelter just until i think she's well enough to go up for adoption. What do ya'll think??? She is a total little love bug!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I think it would be wonderful for you to do this.
you think she'd do ok? i think it would be a lot better for her to be out of the shelter for a bit and in a foster home. she's really attached to me so i think she'd love it here. i just hate to see her back in isolation yet again! this has got to be her 5th round of meds
She's been tested and is negative for disease and all. The vet said she's ok too - just upper respiratory.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she maybe have herpes instead of a URI????
The local rescue sent an email lookig for foster homes for many cats-I have to work on Neil to see if I can get one!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I brought home PJ & Punky cuz they were sick. Now they're healthy & sticking around until someone wants to adopt them. I think it would be a great idea for you to bring her home!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Does she maybe have herpes instead of a URI????
The local rescue sent an email lookig for foster homes for many cats-I have to work on Neil to see if I can get one!!!
The vet ruled out herpes. (WEIRD too because many cats that are sick usually have herpes in one form or another.) She said it's just a chronic upper respiratory thing. I really wonder if she has allergies/asthma. She is such a little love bug though! Oh my goodness i love that kitty to pieces
When i went back to rewater all the animals tonight and do medicine....I took her out of the cage for a good 10 minute and just held her (she LOVES to be held!). She was purring the entire time
I decided not to take her home tonight because i had to run by my sisters house after work and take care of all her animals and i didn't want to drag Layla there and stress her out. Tomorrow though i will ask if she's well enough to be moved to the front for adoption. If they say no, I will ask Colin if it's ok to take her home on a temporary basis

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

She's adorable!
I do think you should foster her.
I think so too

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I brought home PJ & Punky cuz they were sick. Now they're healthy & sticking around until someone wants to adopt them. I think it would be a great idea for you to bring her home!
I think so too. I believe she will do much better out of that stressful shelter environment and in a more calm home for a bit.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Sheesh. We're all cat people here -- do you really need to ASK?
Exactly why i asked silly girl! I knew ya'll would tell me to do it and reassure me

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update!!!!! Layla found a WONDERFUL home today!!!!!!!!!
(she was completly cleared up and ready to go!
)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
put the kitty down, and step back from the cute kitty .
find her a home you can do it

ehhe, unless you really want her of course,
i am sure colin wont even notice a new cat running around lol

ook ignore my post, gald you found her a home, see i told you , you could do it

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou guys!! I was sooo estatic she found a good home!!!!
She went with a very lovely family- i just know she's going to have a great life!!!
We had quite a few wonderful adoptions today! It was a very good day at the shelter!