Hi everyone - newby alert!

maoandneko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Im Alison, and just about to adopt two rescue kittens which we have named Mao and Neko. Complete novice, but doing my reading before we pick them up next weekend.

Wish me luck, and if anyone has any good hints or tips for the first couple of weeks i would be eternally grateful

Alison (and Mao and Neko) x

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maoandneko

Hi everyone!

Im Alison, and just about to adopt two rescue kittens which we have named Mao and Neko. Complete novice, but doing my reading before we pick them up next weekend.

Wish me luck, and if anyone has any good hints or tips for the first couple of weeks i would be eternally grateful

Alison (and Mao and Neko) x
Welcome Alison, Mao, and Neko!

Please go to the kitten care forum where you'll find a wealth of information and news you can use.
BEST OF LUCK with your two little ones, and THANK YOU for adopting TWO rescues.
You're a star in our book!

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for giving a home to two rescues! Raising kittens is SO much fun - you have to post pics as soon as you get them!

Good luck, talk to you on the forums!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you - and what a wonderful thing to be able to take two kitties
As already mentioned theres tons of advise and help in the Cat Care & Cat Health Forums

If you have any specific worries - just jump right on in !

You're going to love it around here, theres always lots to do and see
and theres always someone on hand for those kitty type questions !

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

mstishtwo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the two new kitties. I'm sure they will bring you alot of happiness!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Alison
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you, Mao and Neko to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maoandneko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Things have taken an odd turn and it looks like the two kittens we were going to adopt, have been adopted by someone who has got in ahead of us

We do however have the choice of a brother (black) and sister (tortoiseshell), but they were not our first choice. Sounds childish but im quite gutted.

Do have friends however who have a queen and 5 kittens (aparently only a week old) who may be available for adoption to good homes. Will be obviously a good wait of 7 weeks till they can leave mum so would require patience all over again.

Anyone got any bright ideas or advice? Glad they have found homes though

Ali x

maoandneko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and in reply to the question, Neko is phonetically Japanese for cat, and Mao is Chinese for cat. Thought they were lovely unusual names and will be saved for the lucky pair if they suit! x

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maoandneko

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Things have taken an odd turn and it looks like the two kittens we were going to adopt, have been adopted by someone who has got in ahead of us

We do however have the choice of a brother (black) and sister (tortoiseshell), but they were not our first choice. Sounds childish but im quite gutted.

Do have friends however who have a queen and 5 kittens (aparently only a week old) who may be available for adoption to good homes. Will be obviously a good wait of 7 weeks till they can leave mum so would require patience all over again.

Anyone got any bright ideas or advice? Glad they have found homes though

Ali x
Why don't you want to adopt the two who are available for adoption now (little black male and torti sister) ? To me, ANY cat or kitten is adoptable, and anyone who needs a home would find it with me, if I had space! Those are my thoughts and ideas...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats both good and bad the two you had picked have been adopted already. Why do you not like the other two? Any particular reason?

Anyway, welcome to TCS! Hope you can "assign" those two beautiful names to some kittens soon!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. That was bad luck, but, as said why not take the other 2?

maoandneko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will probably be taking the other two so do not worry folks, it was just such a shame that the ones my hubby had fallen for have been pinched first! Very excited about seeing them saturday

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!

Good Luck & Best Wishes for you & your two new cats! Hopefully everything goes well with the cats...you are doing a great thing! Update us with photos when you can!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Hello & welcome to the forum. That was bad luck, but, as said why not take the other 2?
GOSH, DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA!!! They are adorable (as each and every cat and kitten is, in a unique way) and they need a forever, loving home. Win/Win!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome from Peaches, Josie, Paisley, Arthur and Ezra. You will enjoy your kittens. Make sure you have lots of toys.