A funny behaviour

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not a problem behavior at all, it's just one that makes me laugh, as I have only ever seen dogs do it...

Winston will sit for hours on end just chasing his tail. It's got to be one of the funniest things I have seen. He's only 14 weeks old, but I hope he does not grow out of it.

Do you have any kittens turned adult cats that do this?

I actually saw a cartoon sketch in fancy cats the other day, and it was of a cat with a play toy in front of him and his tail had a smiley face on it, and the caption was "Ah Mr tail, you tempt me but yet again" .. Made me giggle

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute!!
I'm pretty sure most cats grow out of it. I don't see many adult cats doing that and if they do it that much at an older age it usually is an OCD problem.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seb is 11 years old and will still sometimes seem surprised that his tail is there and must chase it
Usually, he is very dignified .... sometimes though, he's just gotta!

Nowadays, Daphne chases his tail. He dangles it and flips it around to amuse her

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lilly (2 years old) is very dignified and proper, but every once in a while she gets all frisky and chases her tail around in circles. She will only do this in the small semi-enclosed foyer space, and only when she's sure no one is looking! It's hard to laugh silently so as to not ruin the moment or disrupt her dignity!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Okuda

It's not a problem behavior at all, it's just one that makes me laugh, as I have only ever seen dogs do it...

Winston will sit for hours on end just chasing his tail. It's got to be one of the funniest things I have seen. He's only 14 weeks old, but I hope he does not grow out of it.

Do you have any kittens turned adult cats that do this?

I actually saw a cartoon sketch in fancy cats the other day, and it was of a cat with a play toy in front of him and his tail had a smiley face on it, and the caption was "Ah Mr tail, you tempt me but yet again" .. Made me giggle
...don't want to be the one to have to tell you this, but tailchasing can be a sign of boredom, and as he has just lost his brother, this could be why he's doing it so much right now.

Yes, sometimes some of my adult cats do tailchase a bit, in play, so you may continue to enjoy this in Winston as time goes on...