As of tonight......

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Montana is in a state of emergency. The forest fires are totally out of control. People are being evacuated all around me..... it's very scary. Our state is trying to get help from the national troops right now. There are way too many fires for our firefighters to handle. Our community has been advised not to go outside unless neccessary, and not to let kids or the elderly out at all. Of course in this house that applies to our pets also. Poor Maddie can't understand why she can't go lay outside. No walks either. Just quick potty breaks. Our entire town is totally shrouded in smoke. The visibility is terrible. Everything that is white or silver outside (fences, cars ect) has a weird pink cast to it. I've been holed up in the house all week with the air cleaner going, but the smoke still seeps into the house. There is NO WAY to get away from it. My nose is running, my eyes are red and itching, it's even hard to breathe at times. I hate fire season................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Bijou's mom, where are you? Rock Creek? Helena? I'm in the Bitterroot, S of Missoula, and the smoke from ID is killing me
I'm in Kalispell, N of Missoula. It seems like the entire state is engulfed in smoke right now.
Flathead lake looks like the ocean on a foggy day. You CANNOT see the mountains on the other side AT ALL.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My respitory system is well in an uproar ...

Yesturday a small town on the other side of the lake was evacuated and the animals at the fair grd s thankfully all the humans and animals are safe ... Gigi my dog is having issues ( had to add another allergy drug and pred ) ...

for all affected

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

My respitory system is well in an uproar ...

Yesturday a small town on the other side of the lake was evacuated and the animals at the fair grd s thankfully all the humans and animals are safe ... Gigi my dog is having issues ( had to add another allergy drug and pred ) ...

for all affected
I'm sending huge prayers for Gigi. I have a pug, and they don't have wonderful breathing to start with. I'm trying to pretty much keep her in our bedroom because the air purifier is in there.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard about this at all! I'm so sorry... as much as I complain about the wretched eternal heatblast that is summer in Texas, at least we don't have so much trouble with wildfires.

Should you be evacuating too, just to avoid the respiratory damage? Or is there anyplace for you to go, with all your critters?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe! We're not all that far from you and we have a number of forest fires burning too. I think I heard that they had to evacuate some people from the northern part of our province.

Fire.... a terrible thing

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard about this at all! I'm so sorry... as much as I complain about the wretched eternal heatblast that is summer in Texas, at least we don't have so much trouble with wildfires.

Should you be evacuating too, just to avoid the respiratory damage? Or is there anyplace for you to go, with all your critters?
There is nowhere to go.
All of our family is here, and the only way to get away from the smoke is to drive very far. Simply not feasible. If we were told to evacuate (which I'm almost positive we won't) then we will cross that hurdle. The nearest fire is about 20 miles away from me. I'm mostly worried about my parents. They live forty miles from me out in the woods. They have a fire just over the mountain from their house. I pray that they aren't told to evacuate. I worry that my Dad would stay and try to save the house. He has a special foam that you spray on the house that is a fire retardent, but with the extreme heat from a forest fire, I just don't know.
I love that house, I grew up in it...... but I love my Dad alot more. I wouldn't want him in any danger.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please stay safe!
my brother lives in Missoula and his girlfriend does, too. as far as I know they are OK. I live in Butte and it has been hazey here as well but not that bad. we aren't having fires or anything but the smoke has been killing my eyes and I know it's not safe to go outside in all this smoke but I have to let the dogs out to go potty.

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Please stay safe!
my brother lives in Missoula and his girlfriend does, too. as far as I know they are OK. I live in Butte and it has been hazey here as well but not that bad. we aren't having fires or anything but the smoke has been killing my eyes and I know it's not safe to go outside in all this smoke but I have to let the dogs out to go potty.
I had to go to Missoula the other day to see a surgeon there, and the smoke was TERRIBLE. I think because Missoula is in a basin, it just holds the smoke.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I think my brother lives in downtown Missoula.. and I am 2 hours away from there. the smoke is still here, though because it's been so hot and dry with little rain.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry you are having all those terrible fires. I wish I could send you all the rain we have had. We are finally starting to dry out, but the lakes are still considerably flooded with no access in the near future.
Stay safe and I hope your parent's house will be ok!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Still nothing on the news here. Southern and Central Europe are also having a really hard time with forest/brush fires, so that's what's reported here.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been hazy in my part of NE Wisconsin and the weathermen are saying its from the Montana fires!!!
Stay safe-do you have items packed up if you have to evacuate??