Some dog pictures!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had the dogs outside with us while we worked in the garage and let them play. I took a ton of pics, and thought I would post them.

Thunder:

Sammy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And some of Scooter... who has completely recovered from his illness (although he still needs to gain some weight)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scooter looks like such a doof! I love him!

So....what breeds are they?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Scooter looks like such a doof! I love him!

So....what breeds are they?
Thunder is either a PB German Shepherd or a German Shepherd/Rottie mix. He was thrown in a dumpster with his littermates and they were found when they were about 2 hours old. They tracked down the people that did it and they told why they did... they had bred their two GSDs and the neighbor's Rottie bred with the female too... they couldn't tell which pups were which so they put them all in a dumpster.

Sammy's mother is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, rescued when I was still an ACO, from a car in mid-July of 2005. She was locked in the car after her owners were arrested. She was in labor when we got her out of the car. Contacted the original owners who didn't want her back, they said what breed she was and that she must have bred with their Jack Russell.

Scooter's mother is a Beagle/Sheltie mix, and dad was a traveling salesman. The people we rescued him from were keeping him in an outdoor pen with no shelter, in January when temps were below zero at night... he was only 6 weeks old. He had coccidia when we got him, and got over that. Then got sick a few months ago... we still haven't gotten all the weight back on him yet.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are GORGEOUS! Such big smiles - and Scooter such big ears!! Thunder is a sweetheart, too. I am a big softie for anything GSD. I hope the people who so irresponsibly bred and then dumped them got punished adequately - but I'm sure they didn't, despicable people

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pups are adorable!
Thanks for taking them in. people suck.
I am in love with Scooter he looks like a PB treeing walker coonhound.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here are pictures of our other dog, Vega, who was absent for pictures the other day (she just wouldn't stay still for 2 seconds, lol)

Vega & Thunder

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonlights mom

Vega looks like the Shepard/Rottie mix. They're so beautiful though! Thanks for sharing!
Yea, we haven't got a clue what Vega is mixed with. She was on craigslist for adoption when she was about 9 months old. The girl told me that she had rescued her from a pet store when Vega was tiny... she took her on vacation with her, and tried to keep her. But she had a small house, and no backyard, and her kitties didn't approve of Vega so she had to re-home her. Rather than see her end up in a shelter we adopted her. She's soooo energetic, it takes a couple hours of chasing a tennis ball plus walks to keep her happy. And she's much bigger than she looks. She's always been on the thin side, but weighs about 80 pounds now and is about 3-4 inches taller than Thunder (though it's hard to tell that from the pictures).

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! look at those ears on Vega!
I am in love.

of course Thunder and your other pups are gorgeous, too. I just love them.
more pics, please!