At my wits end and very stressed out **big vent**

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know how much more of this stuff I can take. We are now on day 22 of me bleeding. The medicine has not stopped the bleeding but thankfully no pain at the moment. At this point I have no doctor to see. The one my husband thought would help with payments turns out not to be so. You have to pay full price for any visits or what not. But if you happen to need a hysterectomy or some other procedure she'll cut you a break and give you a paper to fill out so that the hospital will not charge you for using their or. Which is nice yes but that does not help me right in the now to get to a doctor to stop the dang bleeding. And I thought thought thought I could get in there this coming payday to see the doctor because rent is not due this coming payday and the first visit is 125. But no dear ole hubby said he wanted to get the phone and cable caught up this payday. I could care less about the phone and cable I won't this bleeding to stop. I can live a month or more with out cable phone or internet but I can not handle much more bleeding.

Plus I am very on edge with all of this. I did not say anything about the hubby wanting to catch up the phone or cable I just left the room and cried. I mean when he could not see out of his eyes come heck or high water we got him to several eye appt to get that taken care of. But now I am on a back burner. But I was becoming so stressed I was on nerve with everyone in the house. Hubby asked why I was so on the edge. I screamed at him. Yes I screamed. I screamed you try bleeding for 20 something days and not being able to stop it. You try bleeding like this and not be able to go to a doctor. Lets see how you feel after that. Yes I felt bad for screaming at him but I am very frustrated and stressed and on edge with all this.

Then to top that off. I am afraid even if it stops within the next few days. My TOM is the 10 of this month what if that starts this cycle all over again. I am scared I have never been through this before ever in my life. I have no idea what to do or where to go. And unfortunately my female members are not much help. All I freaking hear is I have been there. It will pass yada yada yada. None None None of that helps how I feel right now. I feel completely helpless right now with no where to turn.

*****Sorry for this being so long. I love all my family deeply but I have no where to turn to vent my feelings right now. All of this is very hard me to take right now. This is the only place I can vent at. I love my husband deeply and he is a caring person but I think he is stuck in a position of not knowing what to say or do right now either.****

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that stinks

That's the unfortunate thing for men is that they have no idea what its like to bleed, even for a day or two. I don't have any advice or anything, but just some vibes for you to stop bleeding soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I think you need to sit him down and explain that this is your health and that's more important than the phone and cable.
I know I need to sit down and talk to him more about this. I mean everyday I talk about how I can't take much more of this. But heart to heart ones are hard. Usually by the time I feel like I can talk to something I blow up during the middle of the conversation.

There is a program I just found out about in my state. Its one of those programs you don't here much about unless you dig really deep to find the info. I am gonna call and see if I can get help through that or not.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow poor you
and really your health is MUCH more important than phone or cable, although it's really not fair that going to see a doctor should be that expensive.

I've always lived in countries though that have decent nationalised healthcare. I mean there are sometimes long waiting lists etc. but you can always go and be seen by a doctor.

It's vets that are expensive because they're not funded by any tax money.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did a search on that site and there is non ein my town at least. I see there are 3 doctors 2 counties over that accept it. I will have to see what it covers because I see where it says calculate cost of procedure. I don't see yet where it will cover just appts.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ping... you're not just bleeding, this is not just a long period. You have severe, ongoing symptoms of a serious threat to your health, and I don't care what your husband says, you've got to see a gynecologist now. You are an emergency!

I suspect that you're going to be told you need surgery very soon, because as far as I know (I could be wrong), that's the only thing that will stop the bleeding once it's this bad.

Do not let checks go out for things like TV cable, for heaven's sake -- if he writes them, tear them up! He obviously doesn't get it, so you just have to do what you know is right.

Do check out the possibility you heard of, as soon as you can get through to them Monday. But also, since the suspected diagnosis here is a type of tumor, call 1-800-ACS-2345.\t That's the American Cancer Society's patient hotline, where my best friend is a supervisor, and they can point you toward whatever appropriate resources exist where you live.

I am not saying I think you have cancer! Please don't panic -- alll I'm saying is that I think what's going on with you could be addressed by many of the organizations and programs the ACS can put you in touch with. They answer 24/7, so you can call them right now and start planning the calls you'll make on Monday.

But as I always do when I suggest the ACS, let me add: some of the people who answer the hotline are fantastic, and others are not as dedicated. If the person you talk to doesn't spend some real time with you and look up every kind of appropriate help within driving distance, call back until you get someone who will really work with you.

I'm sorry everyone in your life seems to be oblivious!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Ping, I know what you are going thru is stressful to the max. Take a deep breath and calm down. Stress makes it worse,lay down and elevate your feet.

First off if your husband has health insurance at work. Get him to put you on his insurance pronto. Yes it will take extra $$$ out of his income. The little chunk is a whole lot better than a big chunk for hospital bill.

Second thing is stop taking the hormone tablets. What I can tell is that it is making it worse for you. Tell that Dr something else has got to be done. That this medicine is not working for you. This is your body you know when something is not right.

Third if you go to the ER they should send you a bill tell them you can not afford to pay them outright. They should be able to give you a form to fill out to get help on your bill.

hugs to you hope you get to feeling better soon.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes your way

My mother had this when I was very young and she wound up losing almost all of her blood...she needed a large transfusion.

Doesn't any hospital near you have a charity care program? If not then do check out Care Credit as a previous poster suggested.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittywarden

First off if your husband has health insurance at work. Get him to put you on his insurance pronto. Yes it will take extra $$$ out of his income. The little chunk is a whole lot better than a big chunk for hospital bill.
His work does have insurance. Not good insurance but insurance. The thing is open enrollment (they only time they will allow him to enroll) is in Oct. so we have to wait till then to get it.

Second thing is stop taking the hormone tablets. What I can tell is that it is making it worse for you. Tell that Dr something else has got to be done. That this medicine is not working for you. This is your body you know when something is not right.
The doctor told me it should stop the bleeding when I called them. They never said stop taking it they said go to a hospital. I did go to the hospital they told me to keep taking the medicine.

Third if you go to the ER they should send you a bill tell them you can not afford to pay them outright. They should be able to give you a form to fill out to get help on your bill.
When I went to the ER the other day they did give me a charity type application to fill out. I need to bring it back. With the app either this charity will cover all of the cost or a good part of it depending on our income and family size.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ping... you're not just bleeding, this is not just a long period. You have severe, ongoing symptoms of a serious threat to your health, and I don't care what your husband says, you've got to see a gynecologist now. You are an emergency!

I suspect that you're going to be told you need surgery very soon, because as far as I know (I could be wrong), that's the only thing that will stop the bleeding once it's this bad.

Do not let checks go out for things like TV cable, for heaven's sake -- if he writes them, tear them up! He obviously doesn't get it, so you just have to do what you know is right.

Do check out the possibility you heard of, as soon as you can get through to them Monday. But also, since the suspected diagnosis here is a type of tumor, call 1-800-ACS-2345.\t That's the American Cancer Society's patient hotline, where my best friend is a supervisor, and they can point you toward whatever appropriate resources exist where you live.

I am not saying I think you have cancer! Please don't panic -- alll I'm saying is that I think what's going on with you could be addressed by many of the organizations and programs the ACS can put you in touch with. They answer 24/7, so you can call them right now and start planning the calls you'll make on Monday.

But as I always do when I suggest the ACS, let me add: some of the people who answer the hotline are fantastic, and others are not as dedicated. If the person you talk to doesn't spend some real time with you and look up every kind of appropriate help within driving distance, call back until you get someone who will really work with you.

I'm sorry everyone in your life seems to be oblivious!
I will give them a call tonight after hubby goes to work.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

It's not easy being a woman is it

I think you need to sit him down and explain that this is your health and that's more important than the phone and cable.
I agree. You can live without phone and cable. Your health is alot more important. I really can't believe that he'd let you risk your health just to catch up on a few bills. I'd sit him down and have a heart to heart with him, if he loves you he needs to put you first.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Sending lots of vibes your way

My mother had this when I was very young and she wound up losing almost all of her blood...she needed a large transfusion.

Doesn't any hospital near you have a charity care program? If not then do check out Care Credit as a previous poster suggested.

Best I can tell from the CareCredit is that they only cover procedures and not appts.

As for the hospital they gave me a paper to fill out to help with my ER visit bill. I don't know of anything else that they may or may not have. But I can call and ask them. All I know is the one doctor hubby told me about will charge some people 1500 for a hysterectomy with 1000 upfront. Then she gives you a app to fill out and hope the hospital absorbs the rest of the cost for the procedure.

Also please remember I live in a very small farming community. We have one tiny hospital and there is not much they can do there. Plus we don't have many doctors around here.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I just did a search on that site and there is non ein my town at least. I see there are 3 doctors 2 counties over that accept it. I will have to see what it covers because I see where it says calculate cost of procedure. I don't see yet where it will cover just appts.
It covers anything... from tests to vists. It's not insurance. It's a line of credit to cover expenses, period.

And may I ask, if family members know about this, why can't they loan you the cash to see the doctor? It's not an ongoing thing, like cable and rent... it's also an emergency and life threatening.

If no one in the family can or will lend you the money for the doctor, then Care Credit is the best option out there.

A.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I agree. You can live without phone and cable. Your health is alot more important. I really can't believe that he'd let you risk your health just to catch up on a few bills. I'd sit him down and have a heart to heart with him, if he loves you he needs to put you first.
I will have a talk with him. I think a lot of this is he is scared and doesn't really know what to do. I have never had an issue like this before. Neither has anyone in his family. The idea that just going to ER would somehow help didn't do that. All I got was a blood test to check iron levels (collapsed a vein and had to taken from the top of my had with a syringe), pee in a cup, xray, and a pain shot. Thats what all they did. Told me to the community health center (aka health dept.) which there is very little they can do other than tell me to go to an ob/gyn which we only have 2 of here.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

It covers anything... from tests to vists. It's not insurance. It's a line of credit to cover expenses, period.

And may I ask, if family members know about this, why can't they loan you the cash to see the doctor? It's not an ongoing thing, like cable and rent... it's also an emergency and life threatening.

If no one in the family can or will lend you the money for the doctor, then Care Credit is the best option out there.

A.
Maybe I just don't understand the site. They have a thing about cost of procedure and I have no way of knowing that. It could be 1000s of dollars or a couple of hundred I have no way of knowing.

As for way my family won't help pay well like me they make little money. My mom is on disability for a back injury, step dad makes not a lot, plus they are raising a 10 yr old little boy. My oldest sister works as a housekeeper at a small hotel not a lot of money. One sister is a druggie with a daughter to support with a low life boyfriend. My other sister has no job and her hubby only works as a preacher at small church. My dad is in another state with not a lot of money. Just went through a divorce and has not furninator. My other family members just can't afford it. And because I know they can't I haven't asked them.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ping does this medicine seem to be making it stop or just making it worse. You know better than the Drs do cause they go on info you give them. Does the advice they give you seem to be working. Just from what I have read it does not seem to be working.

Fill that form out and get it sent in. That wil give you one less worry for you to worry about. Call that Dr and tell him that medicine is not working and to do something different.

You might check into Peachcare insurance but not sure if they cover adults on this insurance.

Hope this helps some I know that it is frustating trying to get help for something and getting blocked any way you turn. Just hang in there it will get better one day.

Carla

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point its not harder but still there. I can't call that doctor and ask them for something different they won't see me again. I live to far away from them. Go figure.

Right now I am confused and stressed and I don't know what the heck to do anymore. Everyday stresses me more.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you get to a doctor outside your community, maybe a bigger city? My mother and my sister have both been able to work out payment plans with doctors/hospitals. My friend here is paying off a hospital bill at $10 a month.

I've looked at that CareCredit site, and I don't understand it totally either, but I think you ask the doctor if they accept it, then you apply right there. The doctor will provide the expected cost of the procedure or whatever else they need to know. Anyway, the person I know at work who used it said that's what she did. I guess the doctor's office just called them and approved her on the spot.