he ignores me...

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi

after a week of bathing-injections-lotions-tablets (we have a severe allergy) my Givi stopped show any signs of affection to me..he doesnt sleep with me anymore, doenst play, doesnt sit on my lap...
any suggestions how to bring things back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so no one knows anything about it?
guys please help!

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I wish that I had some wonderful, profound advice. Poor Gigi. My cornish rex has allergies too, so I know it sucks having to do all of that to them. Luckily for me, my Bijou forgives pretty quickly. Maybe he just needs a few days to "cool" off? He won't even chase a string or anything? I was going to suggest some catnip, but I don't know if that's a good idea with allergies..........HUGE hugs to you.
I'm sure that someone will come along with some good advice.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You didn't say what meds, but allergy meds do have side effects. Between the allergy itself and the side effects of the meds, you could have a miserable kitty. When you don't feel good, socializing is low on the list of things to do.

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for you replies!! i do really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

Oh dear, I wish that I had some wonderful, profound advice. Poor Gigi. My cornish rex has allergies too, so I know it sucks having to do all of that to them. Luckily for me, my Bijou forgives pretty quickly. Maybe he just needs a few days to "cool" off? He won't even chase a string or anything? I was going to suggest some catnip, but I don't know if that's a good idea with allergies..........HUGE hugs to you.
I'm sure that someone will come along with some good advice.
he started to sit in front of my computer (between keybord and the monitor), and it seems like he does it because of me
(i hope so), but at the same time he doesnt sit on my lap and when i try to pet him he doesnt purrs much, quickly turns his head away from me. its kind of funny to watch cat acting like human, but u kno..i want him back
thanks for a hug!!

Originally Posted by Mom of 4

You didn't say what meds, but allergy meds do have side effects. Between the allergy itself and the side effects of the meds, you could have a miserable kitty. When you don't feel good, socializing is low on the list of things to do.
hydrocortisone was one of the often used meds...i hope that there will be no need to repeat all these torture once again..

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww I don't have any experience with this. Just wanted to send healthy kitty vibes

For now, perhaps you could just love him on his terms. Pet him when he lies near you (like by the monitor). It seems like he wants to be near you but just doesn't feel so good. He will come around

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wonder why your cat has allergies. Health all starts with the food.

You might want to feed him high-quality canned only that does not contain any grains.

If you would eat the food yourself, then it is good enough for your cat.

Good Luck.

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah...we switched to raw beef +vitamins+calcium+oil he feels better and the greatest thing that happened today is that morning started from the kiss!!!! he was around me all the morning and when i came back home from work he jumped on my shoulder and didnt go away for half an hour or so
he is back
i love him sooooooo much!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW...It`s really hard to be ignored by someone you love, is`nt it?
Hopefully it`s just temprary since you had to do so many things to him that were`nt "fun".
When Toby had an ear infection and we had to put drops in his ears 2xs and day for 3 weeks he sort of tried to keep his distance too.
Once he sees that it`s not going to be an all the time occurence he`ll probably come around and go back to being his old sweet self.
Linda