Blue Abyssinian?

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any pictures of a perfect (whatever that means!
) blue Abyssinian (kitten would be better but cat is fine too!)... or if not, a description of the basic ideal shading would be great...

Thanks in advance!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! I fell in love with one today and was wondering if her colouring was right and such - was the first time I'd ever seen a blue on in person and was totally taken back by her colouring.. plus she was a darling little thing! The same age as my Yuna (3 days older actually) but maybe 2/3 of her size.. maybe even half? SO SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... me and my aby obsession will shut up now..

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally don't like the dilute Aby colors...except for Silver on Somalis...

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love blues

The adult cat here is a blue somali (Mosi's half brother) and has won a lot over here so I'd say he's a good example of the colour. He's a grand premier and won best in show at both the Somali cat club show and the semi long haired cat club show this year.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is one of my sister's rescue Aby's. Obviously not a show quality, she is tiny, right now she is 4 lbs and FAT at 9 years old. She has a rather sad story before going to my sister, but is a happy girl now.

She is blue with the rare green eyes. She actually has very pretty ticking, but it doesn't show in the photo, which is the only one I have of her.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
(sort-of Hijack)
That looks EXACTLY like my cat Archie, and he is the skinniest little thing, not small exactly but all leggy like a supermodel, and he's (supposedly) part Aby too.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

I love blues

The adult cat here is a blue somali (Mosi's half brother) and has won a lot over here so I'd say he's a good example of the colour. He's a grand premier and won best in show at both the Somali cat club show and the semi long haired cat club show this year.
That blue is a big gorgeous boy....but OMG, look at the expression on the little Ruddy's face

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a picture of a blue Somali. This is a blue female who is a Supreme Grand Champion. I actually thought her color was a little light. I am like Abymummy I don't really care for dilutes.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen more lighter blues at the show then the darker blue. Hopefully one day the associations here will recognize the silvers in aby/somalis - they are beautiful

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I ever try for a second cat, I'd get a male silver somali. I love their look and I've been wanting a longhaired cat for a while. Although not more than a spotted one obviously.