Brush for short-med hair..?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found a brush (or comb) that works really well for short/med hair cats? Ive got a slicker and a undercoat rake (for my long hairs) and combs and brushes all over but none of them really seem to do a good job.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find that the flea comb works the best on short hair and medium haired cats the best. I've even used it on our lab at times cause it gets a ton of fur from her

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All systems or Chris Christensen pin brushes. They come in 28mm or 35mm. The 28mm is great for semi longs. For short hairs I recommend bristle brushes

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a flea comb for my girls and I recently bought the Furminator. So far that is the best one, but I still use the flea comb afterward to help catch the flyaway hairs the furminator makes. (it really gets a ton of fur out!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

I agree, go with the Furminator.
This is what I would recommend too. I use this on my long, med and short haired cats and it works wonder on all of them. The best comb I have ever used!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'd recommend the Zoom Groom, as it gets out a lot of hair. Even cats who don't like to be brushed seem to enjoy the Zoom Groom.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll second the zoom groom recommendation, I got one just a few days ago and Nikita loves it. She'll lie flat on her side purring and then roll over when it's time for her other side. She hates being brushed normally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Zoom Groom, really? Ive got one of those for my Great Dane but Ive never thought of using it on my cats. Ill have to give it a try! I have a flea comb that works really good for all of my cats except one. He's got super fine hair (like a rabbit) and all his loose hair practically comes out by the handfull but the comb doesnt even make a difference. Im gonna go look up the Furminator and try out my Zoom Groom on him. Thanks!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodle's hair is very fine also. (And very easily inhaled!) I find using the furminator first and then following up with the zoom groom to catch her loose -fly-away- hairs is good.