Help! What to wear to wedding TONIGHT!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HELP!!!

I need help deciding what to wear to this wedding tonight. I'm going with my Mother, but I will know a lot of people there, so it's not like I can just wear anything. So I just took some pics of myself. (minus my head because my hair isn't done at all!) Please vote for which you like. I have 3 dresses to choose from and 2 shoe styles. The wedding is at a country club I believe. A ritzy-ditzy one.

Dress 1, Shoe 1

Dress 1, Shoe 2

Dress 2, Shoe 2

Dress 3 (me in it back in Feb before my haircut!)

(Dress 2 and 3 are the same dress, different fabric pattern)

A poll will follow to make this a bit easier!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking dress 1, shoe 2.... because they don't have the 'toe thong' part to them like shoe 1 does, I think they might be more comfortable since you'll probably be on your feet a lot mingling and dancing

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted dress2, shoe 2.

Not to add to your angst, but have you decided on jewelry, yet?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Dress 1, shoe 2. The first dress really emphasizes your waist, which is what you really want, because of the tie. The other two dresses seem to just hide your body, which is what you don't want.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I like Dress 1, shoe 2. The first dress really emphasizes your waist, which is what you really want, because of the tie. The other two dresses seem to just hide your body, which is what you don't want.
I like Dress 1 with the 2nd shoes

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all look cute, but I think the floral dress is prettiest for a wedding. Have fun tonight, and be sure and take pictures for us!

tornangel012

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree for dress 1 mostly but I like shoe 1 better!
The graphic pattern is better on a larger frame because the pattern is wide spread. Flowers as pretty as they are tend to make the body pop out where ever they lay. bold/solid colors are more in fashion right now also.

Plus the belt on the first dress really accentuates where your waist is to give your figure more definition.

I said shoe #1 because strappy looks more formal and it's a wedding as you said. i like shoes #2 but I think that one just suits the occasional better but both look great with the dress.

Have fun tonight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I voted dress2, shoe 2.

Not to add to your angst, but have you decided on jewelry, yet?
Sort of!

Dress 3 I always wear with the bracelet and necklace I'm wearing in the pic of me in it, but you can't see them too well in that one. They both have a very pretty enhancer. It's an emerald cut stone, wrapped in gold, but the stone is a red color and has a kind of crackled look.

I typically wear the necklace DH gave me for our wedding, but I have a silver star with diamonds in it that looks nice with the black dress too.

Most likely I will wear these threader earings that have a big crystal on the end of them, whatever dress I choose. But I also have these earrings that are 3 graduated hearts, one on top of the other. They are dimonique from QVC and very pretty. (I tried to post the link but then I remembered that doesn't work with their site.) Those earrings match my wedding set too. I have a gold bracelet I'll probably wear.

I could probably go find some beads at the store real quick for some color maybe (if I go with the black and white dress), but I'm not sure how I look in that style of things.
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I just need to hide certain parts of that body!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked Dress 2, Shoe 2. Usually at nite (weddings) its more formal - long gowns, but if its really hot, etc. I can see wearing something shorter.

Do you have some sparkly jewelry to wear? Necklace, braclet?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I just need to hide certain parts of that body!
I don't see why! You've got great curves!

You are VERY well proportioned which looks fabulous at any size. I think the first dress looks wonderful on you AND it's more youthful.

Ok, I'm done, lol.

sissy's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dress 1, shoe 2...I love the black and white, it's always an elegant choice of colors...and the dress looks fabulous on you! I agree with MuttigreeMom on the shoes, although both are adorable, the thong might get a little irritating on the dance floor! Hope you have fun!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted Dress 1 because that's just a fantastic looking dress on you. I prefer Shoe 1 with it, but Shoe2 looks just as good.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok well this really sucks, but I'm not going now!

My step-dad wants to go, in spite of the fact that they will be a few minutes late to the wedding! To me that is a super big no no! I know most wedding start a few minutes late, but I think that is so rude!

Now I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go! I just finished doing my hair, and decided I look like a mushroom head
so I used a damp brush and a few hair clips to tamp it down.
Good thing I didn't do my eye makeup yet! (probably not supposed to be doing any eye makeup with the eye injury but I figured I could get away with a little!

Guess the upside is I won't have to worry about being harassed by things I did in my early teenage years! (mentiond that in todays daily thread) On the down side, I may not get to see some people I would like to see who will be here. (The bride's cousin was raised by the bride's mother and she and I were friends during junor high and high school, till she moved away).

Fooo.....maybe DH will take me out. Where I have no idea!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like dress one with shoe 1... It is sassy
Eventhough youre not going it is still a very cute dress

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think everything except for dress 2! I think Dress 3. It shows off your curves, and your long legs. both shoes are cute. Whatever you think. I love weddings- have fun!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I'm so sorry it didn't work out... I hope you and DH are out somewhere having a great evening anyway! And I still want pictures! I have no social life, so I need to live vicariously through others...

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Oh after all that sorry you had to miss it seem like you were looking forward to it .

I hope Hubby is taking you out for a late dinner and maybe dancing .

Well I loved dress #1 and shoes #2 I love how that dress looks on you and with the blk & white it brings you out so if you need to decide what to wear for another occasion
Dress #1

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our going out consisted of going to Wawa for a sub for him and a coffee for me. Wooo-hooo. DH is now in bed too. He was trying to cheer me up, but there just isn't much to do around here except eat out. I really wanted to go out and be with people I know. I guess I'm getting a little lonely since I'm home alone all day and he's typically only home and awake for about 3 hours in the evenings. I love being at home I really do! But I guess I do need a little social life!