17th child born, to Arkansas family

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a thread in IMO about this family.

I think they are incredibly selfish and stupid - but hey, that's just my opinion.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

They need a tv.

Seriously though, as the oldest of five children, I know the responsibilities that fell to me. I can only imagine the level of responsibility the older children in this family have. I don't envy those kids!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meanwhile, there are how many unwanted children in the world that need adopting?

I'm serious - SPAY AND NEUTER STUPID PEOPLE!!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I saw this when they had #16. I feel bad for the kids. You can't be parents to all of them, well, not in the sense that parents should be. It's like an overseas orphanage!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I think they are incredibly selfish and stupid - but hey, that's just my opinion.
Meanwhile, there are how many unwanted children in the world that need adopting?

I'm serious - SPAY AND NEUTER STUPID PEOPLE!!!
i really dont see them as being selfish or stupid? they are not on goverment funding, the children are are loved and well cared for. so good luck to them. and as for getting *stupid* people spayed/neutered it is there choice, we spay our cats because they dont really have a choice if they want kittens or not, if they go in to heat they will breed they cant go to the doctors and ask for birth control, so we take on the roll to protect them.

yes there are hundreds of children needing homes in this world, but it is the there choice weather or not they have another child.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... it does seem to be a bit obsessive, doesn't it? It's hard for me to imagine any motivation for it that doesn't involve religious fanatacism.

But as long as they aren't hurting anyone, live and let live. I just hope the kids don't repeat the pattern.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More power too them - but personally I think they are nutz!
I'd like to know what kind of job he has where they can afford her to stay at home and only have one income!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i really dont see them as being selfish or stupid? they are not on goverment funding, the children are are loved and well cared for. so good luck to them. and as for getting *stupid* people spayed/neutered it is there choice, we spay our cats because they dont really have a choice if they want kittens or not, if they go in to heat they will breed they cant go to the doctors and ask for birth control, so we take on the roll to protect them.

yes there are hundreds of children needing homes in this world, but it is the there choice weather or not they have another child.
Uhm, hello, I said it was my OPINION. And I stand by it. FIRMLY.

We are facing issues of overpopulation, dwindling resources, etc. Why on earth, in today's day and age, would anyone just keep pumping out children? And they want MORE?!? How is that NOT selfish, pray tell?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose it is their prerogative to have as many children as they please. However, in this day and age it would make more sense that if you wanted such a large family to adopt several children that are in need of a home.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummm, to me its incredibly odd. I have no understanding as to why someone would want to spend their whole life birthing children.

On another note, they are ALL homeschooled? I fear that these kids will live very sheltered lives. IMO.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Uhm, hello, I said it was my OPINION. And I stand by it. FIRMLY.

We are facing issues of overpopulation, dwindling resources, etc. Why on earth, in today's day and age, would anyone just keep pumping out children? And they want MORE?!? How is that NOT selfish, pray tell?
what would be selfish is if they was on goverment funding and letting the tax payers pay for them which they aint. people will have more children weather they have 1 or 17 it isnt going to change anything.

just like i dont agree with some of these third world countries keep popping out children knowning full well there is no food, clean water and are more then likly going to catch a deadly diseas by the time there 3 years old but they still do it. now that is stupid IMHO

oh and i know it was your OPINION but i only wanted to know why they were selfish and stupid.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have been watching this family since they were at number 12, and i really seem to think they keep adding for selfish reasons. one is for cheap labor. Sure, food and clothes are not cheap, but the chores they do take the place of having to hire out, so that pays for the food and clothes.

And they dont need govt help, they have the royalities from the tv show and publicity.

now wonder they can afford to pop out more, they are rolling in dough!

I just wonder how they are able to give each child one on one attention, seems some will get left out

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When God said "be fruitful and multiply" he only meant it at the time when the world could support people - not now

Haven't they heard of birth control?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

When God said "be fruitful and multiply" he only meant it at the time when the world could support people - not now

Haven't they heard of birth control?
I believe I read they tried birth control a long time ago and had problems with it so decided to let God decide.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Exactly.

I, too, agree that we ought to sterilize the stupid people. HOWEVER.. I don't know enough about this from that article to pass judgment (aren't we not supposed to do that, lol?). But after you've had 5 kids I think you have inflicted your genes upon the world enough and certainly ought to have mandatory birth control.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if there was some sort of neglate then i would be agreeing with you. but who are we to judge them? good luck to them, and if they make a bit of extra money when someone comes to them saying can we do a documentry on you then again thats their choice. personally i wouldnt want the world knowing the insides and outs of my home and family but everyone is different. i have 13 cats 3 children god knows how many fish and used to have a rabbit up till a few months ago. no one goes without.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've watched the documentaries about them, and I really don't think they should still be having more kids. It seems the only reason they are doing it is to keep attention so they can support all the other ones. He doesn't make a lot of money. The first documentary they were talking about how they could barely afford to feed all their kids.

The homeschooling thing is also a shame. Seventeen kids, and with all the attention and focus needed to teach a real education as well as care for infants, toddlers, etc., something is lacking, and me thinks it's the kid's educations and social lives. They are also extremely religious, they make their own clothes so all the kids are matching in Menonite looking clothes. It all seems a little cultish to me.

For some reason it's making the parents happy, and I worry it will affect the kids later on in life. So in that respect I also believe it is very selfish of parents to exploit their children as a way for them to get public attention.

But that's just my opinion.