Going to the fair!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
our county fair is this week so I'm making my trip tomorrow! Gonna eat Gyros and fried veggies and cheese on a stick and fries and a funnel cake and maybe a couple more things
plus I can't wait to see the piglets, and goats and horses! the cows are cute too but they really stink
I also like to visit the booths and diplays.

Anyone else going to their fair?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been twice already this week and we're going back tonight. Of course, it helps that my mom is on the fair board and I get a car pass.
I think all the fried food from last night is catching up with me though...
Tonight 38 Special is playing for free so I'm dragging my cousin and he's fiance with us so we can gorge on fried food again and enjoy the show! We watched the horse pull last night which is always fun and Monday we watched a sea lion show. I'm debating if I want to try a deep fried candy bar or twinkie tonight?! What do you think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we had Trace Adkins here, but that was not free

Wow, i totally couldn't handle the fair more than 1 day
I'd be sick! Tonight is the rough truck competition, which i love, but tomorrow is the Demo Derby and I like that even better.

Hmm, I don't know, they both kinda sound gross
I say get an apple dumpling with ice cream

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, I couldn't decide if the idea of a deep fried snikers was intriguing or disgusting!
I wish our fair had a demo derby but we have a local race track that does that several times a year. The only reason I go several time is because admission is free if I drive and we usually only go to do stuff one night... the other nights we go just to eat.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds so fun!!!

Our county fair was last week. We went to the demo derby and truck and tractor pull. They dont serve all the yummy foods though

That is at the state fair, which is in Sept!! I loove going to that!!!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My county fair is next week. And every single time I go to the fair I just have to get some cotton candy.
I just love that stuff!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the farmer's markets had a deep fried twinkie booth and it was awesome!! I even made my mom get one. They had deep fried oreo's too.
We don't usually attend our county fair but in a couple of weeks go to one that our niece and nephew's show they stuff through 4H. This will be the last yr as the youngest nephew graduated high school and this is last yr of eligibility through 4H. We do eat whatever fair food we can though as its not a real big fair.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

My county fair is next week. And every single time I go to the fair I just have to get some cotton candy.
I just love that stuff!
I'll be getting a bad to bring home tonight! Nothing as yummy as pure sugar.

Originally Posted by GailC

One of the farmer's markets had a deep fried twinkie booth and it was awesome!! I even made my mom get one. They had deep fried oreo's too.
Ya, our's has Oreo's too... I may have to try the Twinkie tonight and make Matt share his elephant ear.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our state fair (don't have county fairs here, too few counties!) was last week. I didn't go. Actually it's been a few years since I went. We had several good Country artists this year including Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley (with Kellie Pickler), and Sugarland. Bill Cosby was also there.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our State Fair (biggest one in the USA) will be in 3 weeks. We are planning on going so we can get some "exotic" meat (elk, antelope, kangaroo) this year for tasting something different. I'll have to see if they are having the spay/neuter demo's (humane society will be doing it). Missed it last year - was too late to watch.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It love going to fairs and generally try to visit a couple a year. There is still several agricultural fairs in the area that I live, and I really enjoy seeing all the animals, vegetables and flowers featured. I more often come home with a bunch of stuff that I couldn't resist buying.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The closest fair we have is the State Fair and that will be in 4 weeks. B's nephew will be in town then, along with his sister, showing pigs. If they have time we're taking them to a Tigers/Yankees game

Normally we go down to the SW part of Michigan for his nephew's county fair, but we missed it last year due to his niece's wedding and will miss it again this year because I'm writing a report for school. Hopefully next year we can go.