Soft Paws in the Show Rings?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last show I was at, I noticed a cat with the nail caps on in the show ring (red ones). This was not a HHP, it was a pedigree. Anyone know if CFA has changed the rules for "identifying" marks????

Just thought it was strange - didn't think to stop the owner and ask at the time.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The show rules state quite clearly that all nails must be clipped prior to show. There are no rules that state Soft paws are not allowed ... sounds strange to me....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was on a black persian (or longhair) and I noticed it when she was carrying the cat back - so it was not really that noticable from a distance (like it would on a shorthair cat).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HUMM I would say that is a bit weird but ...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's a great idea. Makes sure the judges don't get scratched, and doesn't affect the look of the cat at all.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Makes sure the judges don't get scratched, and doesn't affect the look of the cat at all.
But that's why the rules state claws must be clipped.

I'm surprised it was allowed, with the identifying marks rule already mentioned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I see it again, I will ask. I can see it in the HHP but not the pedigree. Might ask one of the judges about it - more out of curiousity then anything.