Question of the day - August 3rd

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you clip and use coupons when shopping?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yippers, I'm a big coupon clipper. I don't end up using half the ones I clip, but sometimes they can be really good. I've learned to only use the ones for stuff I buy anyway or really want to try, otherwise I just end up spending money on something I didn't actually want or need.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do once in awhile if I find a good one for something I am going to buy anyways. I use my Air Miles card all the time when I grocery shop and will cash that in about once a year for gift certificates.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Yippers, I'm a big coupon clipper. I don't end up using half the ones I clip, but sometimes they can be really good. I've learned to only use the ones for stuff I buy anyway or really want to try, otherwise I just end up spending money on something I didn't actually want or need.
I won't buy a certain brand just because I've got a coupon, but I will keep a coupon for something I'm likely to buy, or something I use all the time.

I also tend to just clip the ones that are 50 cents or more. I also don't clip anything that wants me to buy an unusual quantity (buy three, save 35 cents!!). I end up chucking a lot of what I clip, but a buck or two here and there doesn't hurt

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do. But I only clip the ones I know I will use.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup I clip 'em....but then 1/2 the time I go off and forget them! LOL..

And I agree, I stick with the ones where you only have to buy one item, rather than 2 or 3, just to save .25....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when I used to have a subscription to the Sunday paper I would clip al lthe time and then forget I had them
but I'm a mostly generic buyer so coupons don't help me much anyway, but if I have a good coupon and it brings the cost of the name-brand down to below the generic, then I will buy the name brand

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALWAYS!!!!

i usually save about $20 each shopping trip for groceries and such. why not? if there is money to save,lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't get the Sunday paper, so rarely clip coupons. when I do, I always forget them at home.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to, but lately there doesn't seem to be coupons for what we do need. We shop mainly at Walmart Superstore and most stuff is already lower in price.

Once in awhile I might use coupons for stuff like toothpaste, etc.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Do you clip and use coupons when shopping?
Nope... infact... *I* don't do the Grocery shopping...

wait for it...

*GASP*

THE HUSBAND does it

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL That must be nice....I don't like to take Scott with....he winds up putting too much in the cart!

We only use coupons for restarants!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I won't buy a certain brand just because I've got a coupon, but I will keep a coupon for something I'm likely to buy, or something I use all the time.

I also tend to just clip the ones that are 50 cents or more. I also don't clip anything that wants me to buy an unusual quantity (buy three, save 35 cents!!). I end up chucking a lot of what I clip, but a buck or two here and there doesn't hurt
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Yes, but only for stuff I actually use. Normally I end up forgetting them at home!
Those pretty much sum up my use of coupons, too.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I don't get the Sunday paper, so rarely clip coupons. when I do, I always forget them at home.
Same here.

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I get a coupon for a brand/item I usually buy, I stick it in my purse so next time I buy that item I get a discount. You don't save that much money though, most of mine are 70 cents off at the most.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every chance I get!
I have a coupon organizer (from the Dollar Tree) and I get both my Sunday coupons and my mom's.

I got a free Blood Glucose monitor last month- well, actually, it was a coupon for $20 off, and the monitor was $18.86, so I made $1.14 on the deal!

I shop at Walmart, too, do their price matching thing with the grocery store flyers and use the coupons on top of that. Many times, with a sale or pricematch and a coupon I can get the namebrand cheaper than the generic, so if I use it, I clip it