Has anyone had a experience with a Medium !!!

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
My girl friend has been talking about going to see a Medium. From what she was told this Medium when he give you a reading he will talk about your love ones who have passed on and only you would know if what he is saying is true , They say he is real good.

What do you guys think of a Medium ? Has anyone has a reading and would like to share.

Would love to hear what you think.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I was stopped on the street by one. he was talking about my aura and how he had alot to tell me. He then told me a bunch of things about myself and my life..and asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked him if I would be successful, and he said even though there are more important things in life...that I would be.

I also went and saw a psychic once..and I would say he was 70% accurate. not too much about the future though.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a Tales from the Darkside on the SciFi channel about mediums recently, lol. I would love to hear stories. Personally I have never had a reading and never will.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time I saw a medium was part of a tourist attraction in Sacremento (on vacation).

I don't remember too much about the reading as this was 4 years ago before B and I got together. However I do remember her saying that there was a man with dirty blonde hair that was thinking about me. He was someone I met beforehand and has been thinking about me ever since. We would begin dating by Fall and marry by the end of the following year.

Well Fall came and B and I hooked up and although it took a couple years extra, however it was 50/50 right since we're getting married now.
When we got together (we had met in the Spring, but lost contact) he said that the only reason he came back was to find out if there was still a connection between us (yea, I know cheezy hollywood line that I bought
)

I advise though not to invest more money then you're willing to put forth. B can basically "read" my horoscope and make up some BS, when really mentally I'm applying anything to what he's saying because its so generic.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO they are fake. They are very good at reading people's body language and expressions tho
Seriously they don't predict any more accurately then any of us could do. They generalize for the most part and "fish" for positive responses.

After all, most of us have someone in the family that has cancer, or is sick and will recover soon, or that you will meet someone special REALLY soon.

If you want to go for the fun of it, fine, but I would not take anything they said as really something serious to base your life/love on.

Even Sylvia Brown you can tell if you look hard enough that she's predicting general stuff. When people ask their "spirit guide's" name, she just thinks for a few seconds and pulls a name out of the hat - how can you verify a spirit's name? Yet people really believe her!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about a medium that is a bridge between the living and the dead? Or are you talking about a psychic that can read the future? I think some people have a gift for either, but they are few and far between. I believe it is possible (I believe that NOTHING is impossible) but just be careful how much money you pay and how much to believe what they say. There are a lot of ripoff artists out there that just watch your body language.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll agree with GK on Sylvia Brown. She strikes me as a complete sham, and not even a very good one.

I know you're talking about mediums, but let me touch on psychic abilities in general. I know positively that psychic ability is absolutely real -- it's just a lot more rare than all the Madame Zeldas would like to pretend. I've had maybe half a dozen readings in my life, and two of them were on target to a degree that I feel greatly exceeded the likelihood of coincidence.

Also, my best friend is intensely psychic. It's not something he tries to do at all -- it just happens to him, and I've witnessed it far too many times not to believe.

As for me, I've had only a few psychic experiences, but they were big ones, unmistakable. One of them was a premonition that I believe ended up saving the lives of my parents.

So the phenomenon is real -- but many of its supposed practitioners are fake.

You mention that this medium talks about your dead loved ones, and that makes me think of John Edward (not John Edwards, the presidential candidate -- just Edward, no S). Years ago, I watched his TV show for several months, and I came to the conclusion that it's easier to believe that he really is speaking with ghosts than that he has managed to pull off such a huge and convincing hoax involving so many people.

I attended one of John Edward's seminars a few years ago, and I came away further convinced that he really is a medium. I didn't get read myself, and I think I know why: because my reason for being there was minor, while all around me were people in profound pain. I talked to two women whose children had been murdered, a man who had been at the wheel in an accident that killed his wife... people who really, really needed the peace of mind that a reading could provide. And many of them got it.

The TV show would be hard enough to fake -- but if the live seminars were part of a conspiracy, it would have to be a fantastically complex one. Because John Edward is not telling people standard stuff like "There's an older woman who says she loves you and she's all right." He's telling people about the odd off-brand of pudding they used to make for Uncle Sol, and the way Mom always kept her cash pinned inside her lingerie, very specific things that clearly identify specific people and their unique relationships to each other.

By this point in his career, he would have to have conspired with thousands of people around the world to fake these things. He would have to work out scripts in advance, different every time, with 30 or 40 people per seminar... and somehow keep all those people from ever revealing his deception. I find it much easier to believe that the guy really is talking to the dead!

So... I say yes, mediumship is a real phenomenon. It can be faked, though, so you should approach it with healthy skepticism and see if you become convinced. Good luck!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had my fortune told or talked to a medium but a lot of my friends say that I am one myself at times. I don't know if it's a sixth sense or deja' vu or what but it's just weird. That's the only way I can describe it.
My cousin did this test on me with a deck of cards and I had to guess what the next one would be. I had gotten about 90% right. But it's weird, the odd sense only happens when I'm not thinking about it or even realizing it. I remember when I was working at my first job when I was a teen and playing a game with the managers if I could guess how much money was in the cash register at the end of the day. I came pretty darn close!

Lol, my cousins and I would play with the Ouija board late at night when we were kids, just wanting to scare the living daylights out of ourselves. We would light the candles and such and even though there wasn't a draft, the candles would flicker and even go out!
But, I would say that was just the candles' wax playing some trick on us, lol!
Do I believe in them? Mediums, not really. Psychics, no.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO they are fake. They are very good at reading people's body language and expressions tho
Seriously they don't predict any more accurately then any of us could do. They generalize for the most part and "fish" for positive responses.
Don't forget about the nut jobs that really believe they have some physic phenomenon, but have nothing.

For example I was watching Ghost Hunters and one episode they went to this old lady's house that had ghosts with pranksters, a ghost that growled, and things "watching" her.
They basically debunked that the was a high level of electro magnetic fields in the house and they came from electrical sources (so in others words she had an electric leak in various parts of the house). They explained on the show that a high amount of electricity can cause the feeling of being watched at such. As for the ghost that growled, the ghost hunters realized it was the cat snoring

Anyway even after the they were done and told her to call an electrician, she wouldn't believe them and thought they were a bunch of hooey. Basically she was so insistant that she was psychic that she wouldn't get an electrical leak fixed.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the past 3 years or so my girlfriends & I visit this medium travelled from England. Do I take her seriously? No. Is she fake? I honestly doubt that. She told specific things/habits only the decease & living ones could've know. For instance during our first visit she told me "there's a gentleman stepping forward, and he wants me to thank you for the red flowers and also taking care of his son. She told my girlfriend to tell her sister that "grandma wants her to stop buying high heels as she doesn't want her to suffer like she did (bunions run in the family).

Sure there are gifted and phony ones out there. The way I see it, they can accurately tell the past because they already happened. Perhaps the gifted can predict future but not to the specifics because there are too many unknown variables. With that said, I enjoy her readings but do not take it seriously.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend, and the wife of the director of our paranormal reseach group is a clairvoyant, and is VERY good at it. i Have never had to question her, never had a reason to, she is dead on 100% of the time, with no prior knowledge of the area or the place. Hell, the first time i met her she told me things i have never even said outloud!!

she is one of the sweetest, nicest people i will ever have the chance to meet, and i am glad i have.

that beign said, If anyone has watched the Maury Povich show, his psychic Jeffery Wands is a QUACK!!! we met him when doing a mock investigation at a house while the tv show was taping us. He was on the net most the time, looking up info, and asking the homeowners questions, which is a HUGE no no.

My friend told us when we got into the house, beware of him, hes a nut, and will give you a headache if you let him, cause of being a quack, he doesnt have any recourse but to do that to make you think hes real.

I REALLY hate the people that give REAL clairvoyants/psychics/mediums bad names. they are just out to make some quick cash.

If you want to check out my friend, or our research group, here is the link...

www.wnyparanormal.org

( if not clickable, copy and paste into your browser)

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well.. here's what I think about that.

I think that they are fake. BUT, I think that they have the potential to do a great service for the people that believe. Say for instance someone has just lost a child and this Medium says that the child is happily playing and waiting for them on the other side... I think it can give people the closure and peace of mind they desparately need.

So, I think they are fake, but they do have good uses sometimes.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as John Edward's show is concerned, he has producers "chat up" audience members BEFORE the show, and he gets briefings that give him the info he needs to give "personal" info that he would otherwise have no way of knowing.

Penn & Teller debunked his show from the inside on their show about Bull Cookies.

I live in Salem, MA, "Home of the Psychic Fair" and let me tell you, while there IS psychic ability in SOME RARE FEW people, any that do it for money are NOT psychics, they are mere capitalists preying on the susceptable.

And there are MILLIONS of people who WANT to believe it, so they'll pay to hear what they want to hear.

I mean, c'mon, look at how long the National Enquirer has been in business: there are people who actually BELIEVE That stuff, and as long as there are "believers" there will be people willing and ready to take their money.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got back from vacation with my boyfriend at his family's lake cottage in Michigan. Our last day there, his aunt and his cousin came to visit. They started telling us about a medium they met with. My boyfriend's mother has been dead for several years, and the medium was telling them things that she was saying that she couldn't have possibly known. For example, my bf's cousin put a yellow rose in her wedding bouquet in honor of her aunt (his mom). The medium told her that her aunt said thank you for the yellow flower. She also later told the dead woman's sister (my bf's aunt) that she was saying she needed to tell her son to take the trip to Disney World. Her son had been thinking about taking a family trip to Disney World but the trip kept getting postponed. And the medium said that my bf's mom said that she was there when his daughter was born. That one gave me chillbumps, because his daughter was born not long after she had died.

I am not saying I believe in it, but it sure was amazing to hear the other stories they told from their experience. I just don't know what to think! I have actually been very temped to contact one just because of what I have heard. It's kinda sparked my curiosity, just to see what one would say.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, first of all, I'm glad this thread was started
I would like to read some more responses that have experience with mediums. I don't have any past experiences with mediums, as I've never had any reason to go to one. I don't even know anyone that has went to one before. That may because I grew up in a very small town.

As soon as I moved to a big city I went to a psychic (in Phoenix, AZ) just to see if I believe in it or not.

I think they truly believe in themselves! It's not just 'show' while they are doing their card readings or whatever... they carry on that same attitude all the time! Amazing.

Anyway, so I went to a card reading and she lit candles, etc to get me in the 'mood' or her in the mood- I don't know which one. I think she was BS'ing me about the whole thing. She told me I was going to get married soon. (Please note that I went into the store WITH my boyfriend of 3.5 years)

She also said that I was going to be having a baby girl withing 7 months (I don't think I'm capable of having kids). But I would LOVE a baby girl!
Someday, but definitely not in 7 months!

She did say I was going to have a lot of money in my future.... didn't give a time frame... I'm still waiting on that one!

Do I believe in Psychics, NOT HER! But that doesn't mean I wouldn't believe someone else.... you never know!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few months ago a friend and I went to a seminar of a a psychic medium. He decides the sort of lecture he should give the audience by the energy he receives from them as they collect in the room. And it was really amazing how he touched on topics to interest for me personally as well as my friend. The last half, he went into the audience and did some readings--a few were the other side coming through and other were just future predictions. My friend and I were read; he told me that in about three years I should consider having my own business. He told me I will have kids (I had been wondering if my eggs would dry up and blow away before it happened for me
) . But the kicker was he told me, "and it will be the little boy you've wanted"--that's what I always wanted. And for my friend, he was right on--eerily so, almost.
And for John Edward--I believe in him, too. Ironically enough, when my grandmother was in the hospital dying of cancer, I was in the middle of reading one of his books about a character who had cancer and was dying...my mother called and told me to get home soon, she wasn't going to make it. I got to the hospital right after she had passed. The character in the book (honest-to-God) had the same room number as my gm and that was too crazy! I mention that because I feel it was meant for me to have read that book to learn about the other side to help me cope with the loss, as we were very close.
Sorry to ramble, but...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taurus, I'm so sorry you didn't make it to see your grandma in time. But I hope you take comfort in what John Edward says... that "they know." According to him, we really don't even have to tell our dead loved ones the things we want so much to say, because after they pass, they know those things.

I've read all of John Edward's books except the novel, and I must say... it's hard not to believe, once you've read him. Sure, it could all be invented -- but it just rings true for me, especially in light of my own experiences.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by heavenangels

What do you guys think of a Medium ? Has anyone has a reading and would like to share.
Yes, I have been to "mediums/fortune tellers".

IMHO it's all a hoax really. They are trained to interpret body language, even subtle body language such as changes in facial expressions, eyes shifting, eye brow position changes, lip changes, hand gestures etc.

People tend to do things and behave in certain ways when they are confronted with truths that they themselves think the other person has intuitively figured out. These "Mediums" que into those signals and if they get a positive reaction they explore that area more, if they get what is considered a negative reaction, they move in a different direction.

Save your money

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

...any that do it for money are NOT psychics, they are mere capitalists preying on the susceptable.
That's an awfully broad statement, and no more provable than the reverse.

As for making money at it, that really doesn't prove anything... everybody has to make a living. And what about the debunkers? Aren't they making money at it too? Not all professional psychics are crooks. Most of 'em, yes, absolutely. But not all.

Some people have had personal experiences (with and without the help of professional psychics) that tell them these things can and do happen. Those who have not had such experiences will, of course, be more skeptical. On such mysterious matters, we can't speak for anyone but ourselves.

____
EDIT: Let me add... if you haven't actually watched John Edward's show over a period of at least a couple of weeks, it's understandable that you might assume he's just another "body language reader" or gets information funneled to him by his staff. It's nowhere near that simple.